Do I need a spotter

ofl0926

WKR
So I’m kinda in a bind. Kowa is have the sale on 773 spotter with wide angle eye piece. I’m thinking of picking it up.
Here is my issue. I live in south florida and travel to hunt. I went out west for the first time last year with a guide to hunt elk. Fell in love. Fast forward and with covid-19, me deploying at the end of the year, I’m not hunting this year. But when I get back, I plan I’m heading west again.
How do I know I need a spotter? I hunted in open country on my first hunt. I plan on mike deer hunting. My binos are swaro slc 10x42. I got a tripod and outdoorsman pan head.
All advice is welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To hunt open country trophy mule deer you should have a spotter. Only way to tell a 165" buck from a 170" buck at a mile. If you are not trophy hunting your binos on a tripod will work just fine.

That being said, You should wait til you are back to buy one. No point to have it sitting for a year. Deals will come and go, and if you sign up for Military discounts (many options) Then you will always have that deal available to you.

Wassid82

WKR
So I’m kinda in a bind. Kowa is have the sale on 773 spotter with wide angle eye piece. I’m thinking of picking it up.
Here is my issue. I live in south florida and travel to hunt. I went out west for the first time last year with a guide to hunt elk. Fell in love. Fast forward and with covid-19, me deploying at the end of the year, I’m not hunting this year. But when I get back, I plan I’m heading west again.
How do I know I need a spotter? I hunted in open country on my first hunt. I plan on mike deer hunting. My binos are swaro slc 10x42. I got a tripod and outdoorsman pan head.
All advice is welcome

If you hunt elk and want a higher percentage of success then you need a spotter. IF you hunt mule deer and want to judge size....you need a spotter....in short you need a spotter

OP
ofl0926

ofl0926

WKR
I appreciate the honesty. Looks like I will get a spotter but later down the road. No point in having it sit for a year