Do it all Eastern Hunting Pack

Brendan

WKR
You didn’t read what I wrote. I never mentioned anything about prehung sets.

Sneaking in tight on bedded whitetails is a fine art. Heavy cordura, America made zippers, and loud buckles aren’t really conducive to that. 15 straps to undo to get up the tree isn’t conducive to that. Having to hang a gigantic frame and bag in the tree with you is yet another issue. Not to mention having the stand sticking up well above shoulder height while moving in (look at the new striker, the stand is over a foot above your head).

I’ve yet to find a whitetail hunting application where I wished I’d had my mountain warrior and frame. Unless you’re backpacking but that’s apples to oranges.

You didn't read what I wrote either, I wasn't talking about pre-hung sets.

I hunt with everything on my back going in and going out every time.

If you're already carrying a hang on and everything to go up a tree, the material and size of the pack isn't a significant factor in noise for me.

And, the stand doesn't go over my head at all. It will protrude to the sides, but that is the same no matter how you carry it unless it's in Your hand.

Again, it all comes down to knowing your kit, but it works damn good once you figure it out.

PMcGee

WKR
I disagree with this.

I've been using Kifaru packs whitetail hunting for 6 years now. From a 22" frame and 22 Mag, to a 26" frame and 7000+ ci EMR2 in a tree.

They work great with lone wolf hang on and hand climber. Just have to find the right way to load them and get used to your setup like anything.

Is it better to walk up to a pre-set tree wearing all your gear with nothing on your back? Sure... But, I haven't found anything that works better yet if you have to be mobile and be able to carry gear with you, and potentially pack something out.

I agree I’ve used my 26” duplex and bikini for years carrying my climber. Right now I’m just using my emr2 because it’s on the frame. I don’t get the people that say they’re horrible for tree stand hunting. I put everything I’ll need to get to in the lid then just hang my bag so there’s easy access to it. Never had a problem with my frame or stand getting hung up on anything.
320988852a9f8b4309de80843b8ee99c.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

22Jdub

Lil-Rokslider
The Stryker will be my eastern whitetail pack this year. Really thinking this is going to be the best do all pack I've had yet.
f5b727fa764e118e316145638d89b51a.jpg

I bow hunt white tail in Ny and PA. Most of that hunting is day trips. 2-8 hours. During the season I haul a climber, portable blind materials or cold weather clothing. Some places I hunt, dragging isn’t an option so I skin/quarter and pack them out. Here is where I went and what I learned looking for my ideal daypack

- I started with a 22l day pack. No way it could haul.
- used a Mystery ranch NICE frame I had and bought a crew cab. It was fine but the base weight was heavy and the straps were a pain in the ass.
- I drank the kifaru coolaid and got a 26” frame and a woodsman. It was fine. Far more frame height than I needed or wanted moving through brush.
- swapped to a 22” frame, more compact and nimble but didn’t carry a load as well
- I never felt like the kifaru frame felt as good on me as MR
- I got a guide light frame and a pintler And sold the kifaru stuff. The MR pack was fine and I liked a bigger bag.
- I bought a pop up 28. Nailed a doe opening day. It worked as advertised with #50 of deer in it.
- used the Popup until things got cold and I needed more space for layers so I went back to the pintler.
- I upgraded to the pop up 38

So, my take away from that little, expensive journey is the kifaru frames are great but MR works better for me personally. A full size frame can work as a day hauler but it can be a pain in the ass to move around with in brush. I really like the pop up. It has a small foot print on my back until needed and then it can haul a decent load relatively comfortably. Now that I have a bag that is roughly 40 liters I think I can make it work for the entire year next season. No need to grab a bigger pack when I start wearing bibs.