Do it all pack for tall user? MR vs. SG?

I’m looking for a good do-it-all pack that would be suitable for multi-day situations in the backcountry, and is capable of compressing down for daily use while away from camp. I’m also about 6’5 which I know might be problematic re: frame height.

Any thoughts from tall users regarding:
Mystery Ranch Metcalf or Beartooth 80
Vs
Stone Glacier evo 3300

I have narrowed down to these packs, but slightly prefer the subalpine color way on MR products. None of this matters compared to comfort or if there are great differences that I am unaware of at this juncture.

Primary goal is for use in backcountry elk hunts in CO, NM, or MT, but will likely use for personal multi day hiking trips as well.

I own 3 MR packs two Glaciers and a Terraframe 50. I am 6’2 with a 21” torso which is long but my son is 6’5 with a 23” torso which is really long.

The Glacier internal pack frame has no lift for him. I can train with 75 pounds and have no issues on a 5 mile hike. He will get pins and needles at 50 or more pounds with it.

The Terraframe which has the Guidelight frame is taller and we have both worn it and he packed out a 80 pound dressed weight whitetail doe and I packed a 110 and a 140 pound deer with no issues. That being said if my son were to get another pack. I would probably be looking at the SG or Kifaru due to the longer frames and higher load lifters to get some of the weight off of the shoulders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me (6'4") the answer was the Eberlestock F1 tall mainframe. I tried two MR packs and didn't like the fit or the design. I've never used a SG though.

After two seasons with my modified F1 + batwings + lid, I wouldn't change a thing.

GiantGreg

Lil-Rokslider
I'm 6'9". I have the kifaru with a 28" frame. It fits me well. I really like the frame. I did almost go with a SG though.

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

I tried the MR, and the frame didn’t feel tall enough for me. Ended up with the seek outside with the 4” extensions and like it a lot so you may want to give them a look.

OP
WestTexasBestTexas
This is all excellent feedback everyone - I really appreciate the other recommendations that I had not considered as well and I'm taking a closer look at those as well. At the end of the day, it sounds like I'd be hard-pressed to go wrong with any of the ones mentioned and will likely be satisfied!

WKR
6'7" and have a Kifaru that fits great. I'd at least call them to get another idea.

OP
WestTexasBestTexas
Thanks again everyone - I ended up going with a Beartooth 80 after a great conversation with a customer service rep at MR. I looked at a couple of other options but was able to take advantage of a 20% off coupon for the Beartooth that sealed the deal.

Once again I really appreciate all of the feedback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wassid82

WKR
I’m looking for a good do-it-all pack that would be suitable for multi-day situations in the backcountry, and is capable of compressing down for daily use while away from camp. I’m also about 6’5 which I know might be problematic re: frame height.

Vs
Stone Glacier evo 3300

I have narrowed down to these packs, but slightly prefer the subalpine color way on MR products. None of this matters compared to comfort or if there are great differences that I am unaware of at this juncture.

Primary goal is for use in backcountry elk hunts in CO, NM, or MT, but will likely use for personal multi day hiking trips as well.
I'm not quite that tall but I have a long torso. I have a beartooth 80 and really liked it. The XL frame gave me plenty of lift during heavy packouts. The best was vey comfortable as well. We hike about 10-12 miles away and pack in an out with about 40lb and then go to 100ish with meat. The pack was nice. My only knock is that it is heavier than the SG. I went to sheep show and tried all the packs....MR was most comfortable for me. Now I'm selling it just to get a lighter setup

ppelham

FNG

Vs
Stone Glacier evo 3300

6’4” and love my SG

24” torso here being 6’7”. Sold my Kuiu system after checking out both the SG and Kifaru are systems. Kifaru got my money the other day. Go custom.

I'm a Mystery Ranch fan, but that's because they fit my body type best. I would suggest you try on all the packs you're considering, if that's possible, to see which has the best fit and comfort for your body. You should put about 20 - 30#, and then, about 60 - 70# in each pack, again if possible, to get a realistic feel for the pack