Do It All Scope for $1000?

BCD

WKR
I'm looking to buy a do it all scope that I can use in dark timber at low light as well as reach out to 600 yards or so. I am leaning towards the Vortex LHT line in MRAD. Does anyone have experience with both the 3-15 SFP LHT and the 4.5-22 FFP LHT? I'm wondering how the reticles on these two compare in low light situations at low magnification in the timber?

Thank You!

ChrisAU

WKR
If SFP is tolerable, take a look at the 2.5-15x42 Trijicon Credo. Its my current overall favorite, with almost no budget consideration. The reticle is a little thin in low light but the illumination works just fine in low light. Shot a whitetail doe in extremely low light with it Sunday.

mbania

FNG
While I do not currently own a Trijicon Credo I have been researching for a lightweight hunting scope for around a 1000$. To me the Credo is looking to be about perfect. I also was looking really hard at the Zeiss V4, but MILs is a must for me and it only comes in MOA. If MOA is a consideration that is a solid option as well.

mbania

FNG
The PST is a solid choice but heavy for a lightweight hunting rifle. If you are not to concerned with the weight it is defiantly worth looking at.

I like the LHT 3-15. Only downsides for me is windage dial and the scope seems to scratch easily. I also think Tract is coming out with a 2.5-15 very soon. The glass is incredible in their Toric 4-20 but it’s heavy.

BjornF16

WKR
I have Razor LHT 3-15 and Trijicon Credo HX 2.5-15. I prefer the Trijicon.

I have a Credo 2-10 FFP enroute as well

Motown

WKR
I like the LHT 3-15. Only downsides for me is windage dial and the scope seems to scratch easily. I also think Tract is coming out with a 2.5-15 very soon. The glass is incredible in their Toric 4-20 but it’s heavy.
Why would Tract come out with a 2.5-15 when they already have a 3-15 in the Toric? Are you referring to a 2.5-15 in a FFP model?
If SFP is tolerable, take a look at the 2.5-15x42 Trijicon Credo. Its my current overall favorite, with almost no budget consideration. The reticle is a little thin in low light but the illumination works just fine in low light. Shot a whitetail doe in extremely low light with it Sunday.
Chris how is the eye relief and eye box in that Credo? I was looking at the 3-9 Accupoint but like the reticle options in the Credo a bit more.

ChrisAU

WKR
Why would Tract come out with a 2.5-15 when they already have a 3-15 in the Toric? Are you referring to a 2.5-15 in a FFP model?

Chris how is the eye relief and eye box in that Credo? I was looking at the 3-9 Accupoint but like the reticle options in the Credo a bit more.

Haven’t found a problem with eye relief, but the eye box is on the tighter side. Inherent disadvantage of high zoom ratio scopes. I was actually looking at the 2.5-10x56 today just for eye box improvement. But, I like having the 12x+ on the top and I don’t find it bothersome enough to change.

Huntsalot

FNG
I had high expectations for the LHT but when i held one for the first time it felt chintzy to me. Could be because I just got done holding a nightforce but it didnt impress me for the money. Are you going to dial or use hold overs?

I like the tract Toric 3-15 for $750 and it’s 20 oz. I haven’t had any issues dialing and return to zero over several hundred rounds, not all are dial turns but it performs well. Good as can be at low light without illumination to me

ADKHTR

Lil-Rokslider
I have an Accupoint 3-9, it’s on my main coyote rifle, I find the eye box super tight, but I still like it. To the OP, I have a Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x42, duplex reticle, basically NIB to hit the classifieds in a couple days when my newbie 7 day probation ends and I can post in the classifieds, half of your budget. I have another one in DOA reticle also, same scope that I planned on keeping but could probably let go of also.

I'm looking to buy a do it all scope that I can use in dark timber at low light as well as reach out to 600 yards or so. I am leaning towards the Vortex LHT line in MRAD. Does anyone have experience with both the 3-15 SFP LHT and the 4.5-22 FFP LHT? I'm wondering how the reticles on these two compare in low light situations at low magnification in the timber?

Thank You!
I have the 3-15x42 LHT on my mountain rifle and I have a 4.5-22x50 on backorder with Vortex for my coyote rifle. They both have illuminated reticles which help a lot in dark timber. 15x will get you out to 1000 yards easy. Another option in that price range will be the VX5HD - I have a couple of those as well.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I had high expectations for the LHT but when i held one for the first time it felt chintzy to me. Could be because I just got done holding a nightforce but it didnt impress me for the money. Are you going to dial or use hold overs?

That’s how I feel about the VX5s.

Sako300

WKR
Zeiss V4 6-24x50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have 3. You can find demos for $800
24 oz
Have been running them for 3 years!
Very reliable

Reactions: WKR