Do It All Scope for $1000?

ETtikka

WKR
cheapest trijicon prices i can find, not sure if they charge sales tax or not

Reactions: BCD
Lots of good info here. Makes me want to try a Credo. I still think it’s worth waiting to see what Tract does with the 2.5-15. I think it’s releasing soon.

OP
B

BCD

WKR
Lots of good info here. Makes me want to try a Credo. I still think it’s worth waiting to see what Tract does with the 2.5-15. I think it’s releasing soon.
Do you know if the Tract will be available in SFP and MILS?

OP
B

BCD

WKR
All day. I can't see an LRTS/LRHS at 24oz being less attractive than a 36mm objective Trijicon that is an ounce less.
I believe the 42MM Credo wieghs an ounce less and where are you finding the Bushnell LRTS 3-12x44?

renagde

WKR
I believe the 42MM Credo wieghs an ounce less and where are you finding the Bushnell LRTS 3-12x44?
I believe they've been discontinued for a few years. Doug had a blowout sale on them 2 years ago for $599. If you're patient (and lucky) you might find a use one that pops up in the classifieds.

Do you know if the Tract will be available in SFP and MILS?
Not sure but I have really been impressed with them for the money. I hope it’s SFP in a lighter weight option. I would love a 2.5-15 with their floating dot.

BjornF16

WKR
cheapest trijicon prices i can find, not sure if they charge sales tax or not

Yup, $35 cheaper than I paid.

BjornF16

WKR
All day. I can't see an LRTS/LRHS at 24oz being less attractive than a 36mm objective Trijicon that is an ounce less.
The 2-10x36 Credo weighs 23 oz.

I looked for a 3-12 LRTS/LRHS but didn’t find one. So went with Credo.

I’ll take a look at 2.5-15x42 Credo and 3-15x42 SWFA this evening and compare.

The Credo is really nice glass, just too heavy for a hunting rifle IMO.

The three scopes I favor for the exact purpose and scenario that the OP laid out are:

1. Trijicon Accupoint 3-9 green mil-dot. I I’ve had that on my Barrett field craft 270 for a few years and get along with it better than just about anything else.

2. Leupold VX-III 3.5-10 Duplex. I’ve owned the scope for 30+ years. It was my primary BGR scope for about 25 years. Zero failures and no complaints. It’s had the snot knocked out of it in airport baggage terminals, ATVs, horses, etc. and keeps right on performing as it should.

3. Leupold VX-R Firedot 2-7. Unfortunately for the world this scope has been discontinued. It’s incredibly light weight with crisp, clear optics.

I’ve used all three of those scopes to take a considerable amount of game in all types of terrain and conditions including close range low light dark timber and Long range in open country.
I’m not a knob twister or a gadget guy or a guy who likes carrying more weight than is necessary. I shoot my primary BGR throughout the year. I its trajectory well enough that I’m able to make first round hits on a 12 x 12“ plate on my range at 600. Considering that the overwhelming majority of shots at big game are from 50 to 200 yards, I have complete confidence in my choices.

Disclaimer, I don’t shoot at big game past 400 yards. I have however shot a ton of coyotes out to 600 yards.

The Credo is really nice glass, just too heavy for a hunting rifle IMO.

The three scopes I favor for the exact purpose and scenario that the OP laid out are:

1. Trijicon Accupoint 3-9 green mil-dot. I I’ve had that on my Barrett field craft 270 for a few years and get along with it better than just about anything else.

I’ve used all three of those scopes to take a considerable amount of game in all types of terrain and conditions including close range low light dark timber and Long range in open country.
I’m not a knob twister or a gadget guy or a guy who likes carrying more weight than is necessary. I shoot my primary BGR throughout the year. I its trajectory well enough that I’m able to make first round hits on a 12 x 12“ plate on my range at 600. Considering that the overwhelming majority of shots at big game are from 50 to 200 yards, I have complete confidence in my choices.

Disclaimer, I don’t shoot at big game past 400 yards. I have however shot a ton of coyotes out to 600 yards.
I like the weight of that accupoint. Curious what your MPBR is on that fieldcraft? Do you use the reticle mil-dots or just estimate holdovers? I have a 7mm-08 that I am looking to scope that wouldn't shoot quite as flat as your 270.

Gutshotem

WKR
Anyone have any idea why the 2-10X36 is priced almost $400 more than the 3-9X40 in the link above?

sndmn11

WKR

Good catch, it looks like both models we mentioned are listed at 23oz, though it seems the 42mm is second focal.

In my experience on here and 24hrcampfire you can grab an LRTS/LRHS in a week with a wtb ad and $750-800.

BjornF16

WKR
Anyone have any idea why the 2-10X36 is priced almost $400 more than the 3-9X40 in the link above?
I suspect for three reasons:
2-10x36 has:
1. Electronic illumination
2. FFP
3. 4x magnification versus 3x for the AccuPoint

OP
B

BCD

WKR
Not sure but I have really been impressed with them for the money. I hope it’s SFP in a lighter weight option. I would love a 2.5-15 with their floating dot.
Any idea regarding the timeline for when the new release will be out?

Thank You!

BjornF16

WKR
I’ll take a look at 2.5-15x42 Credo and 3-15x42 SWFA this evening and compare.

I looked through the two Credo's and 3-15 SWFA for the last 5 minutes of legal hunting light here on my property (official sunset plus 30 minutes).

I could have taken a 200 yard shot with all three (open space, not in timber, not against dark timber). My aged eyes couldn't really tell the difference between the 2.5-15 Credo and 3-15 SWFA on 9x magnification other than the reticles. Didn't need illumination on 9x for any of them. They were both slightly brighter than the 2-10x36 Credo (to be expected).

Trijicon makes no claim of using "HD glass" that I could find, so perhaps I shouldn't be surprised.

Between the FFP reticle on the Credo 2-10 and SWFA, I prefer the SWFA. The Credo has a total of 24 mils between the thick horizontal bars. The SWFA has 12 mils between the bars. At lower magnification, the SWFA reticle is much more prominent and usable than the Credo without illumination. When illuminated, the Credo FFP reticle tree is entirely illuminated.

Honestly, I was surprised. I've been a Negative Nancy on the SWFAs for years now (except the 5-20HD), mainly due to the excessively tall turrets. Mounted on my rifle, they don't appear quite as obnoxious as I expected. (I only just received the SWFA 3-15 yesterday and mounted it on my rifle last night).

Just my $0.02...ymmv.

sndmn11

WKR
Honestly, I was surprised. I've been a Negative Nancy on the SWFAs for years now (except the 5-20HD), mainly due to the excessively tall turrets. Mounted on my rifle, they don't appear quite as obnoxious as I expected. (I only just received the SWFA 3-15 yesterday and mounted it on my rifle last night).

Just my $0.02...ymmv.

For a little more than your two cents, you can make a zero stop for the elevation turret and lock the windage turret to end up with a scope that will have the "gotta have the hype brand" crowd scratching their head on your success.

Any idea regarding the timeline for when the new release will be out
From Tract:
“While we do not have any plans on an illuminated 3-15x42, we will be launching a TORIC 2.5-15x44 30mm with an illuminated T-Plex. A small dot in the center of the crosshair will illuminate, not the whole reticle.
This scope should be available toward the middle of 2022”

prm

WKR
When illuminated, the Credo FFP reticle tree is entirely illuminated.

…..
This has me a little concerned. Prefer just the T shape of the reticle. I have one (2-10x36) on the way for a Barrett Fieldcraft. Currently has the Trijicon Credo 2.5-15x42. Wanted an FFP reticle. I’ll see how I like it I guess.