Do not buy a Rambo Ebike

Baddog

WKR
If I was going to buy an ebike it’d be from a local bike shop with a good reputation that could fix the issues. Hoping someone is going to help you fix a mechanical issue on the phone is wishful thinking most of the time.

I steered away from their models with the SA hubs because they seem to come with a lot of headache. Ended up with an open box 500w cruiser, and I've never had a problem with it. Looked brand new when I got it, and it's got 200 pretty hard miles on it now. Their CS was super helpful when I was deciding between models. They might be in the middle of a move? Could've sworn I saw they were moving to Iowa on another forum awhile back.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Erict

WKR
Getting an error code 09 with no damage to motor wires and none are disconnected all are still new. They said I needed an extension cable the first time I called but it's a new bike and it worked 10 minutes prior. I explained that to them and was told they'd call me right back. I've not heard back from since. It's a brand new bike I get it they're flaws sometimes but I would like decent customer service and an honest review system for their products.
Thank you and good luck

This is my first post here but I just had to chime in.
I purchased a Rambo 750W ebike brand new about 4 years ago. I have put about 150 miles on it going back and forth to treestands. Last year the battery stopped charging. It was always stored indoors and charged intermittently over the winter.
I contacted Rambo and was told that there were no replacement batteries available. OK...I am reasonable. What are my options?
They had me take pics of the connections and the battery. Communication was poor at best and I felt like I was getting the run around for sure.
The final result......absolutely no help or solutions. No retrofitting, offer for discount on another bike.....nothing. I pushed the issue but at 52 years old I will not rant or rave but I find it telling that the original poster did not get any help until posting on a public forum. Very shady for sure.
Now I am stuck with a 65 pound pedal bike. I also bought the deer cart which only adds salt to the wound:(
I tried to find an alternative source for a battery but no luck.
Anyone have any solutions or a similar experience?

bsnedeker

WKR
This is my first post here but I just had to chime in.
I purchased a Rambo 750W ebike brand new about 4 years ago. I have put about 150 miles on it going back and forth to treestands. Last year the battery stopped charging. It was always stored indoors and charged intermittently over the winter.
I contacted Rambo and was told that there were no replacement batteries available. OK...I am reasonable. What are my options?
They had me take pics of the connections and the battery. Communication was poor at best and I felt like I was getting the run around for sure.
The final result......absolutely no help or solutions. No retrofitting, offer for discount on another bike.....nothing. I pushed the issue but at 52 years old I will not rant or rave but I find it telling that the original poster did not get any help until posting on a public forum. Very shady for sure.
Now I am stuck with a 65 pound pedal bike. I also bought the deer cart which only adds salt to the wound:(
I tried to find an alternative source for a battery but no luck.
Anyone have any solutions or a similar experience?
You can buy the batteries for half what rambo charges off alibaba if you don't mind waiting.

Just make sure you have the correct size. some of them look very similar, but don't fit for in all frames.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Thank you bsnedekr! I have done quite a few searches and have come up empty. I have never used alibaba but definitely will look.

After 34 years of humping it up and down hills, trying to layer my clothes so as not to sweat, trying not to make human walking noise, I thought I would try an ebike.
Now I leave the cabin fully dressed and hum along relatively quiet and scent free.
It also doesn't suck to be wet and frozen when leaving the stand and be back in the warm cabin in 5 minutes.
Embarrassing........hell the first time was almost orgasmic😉
Now paying almost 3k for what ot now a 65 pound pedal bike.....that's embarrassing!!!
Really though Rambo should be embarrassed for treating their customers that way.

OP
B
Well here in VA they're legal on state land. The thing is someone else is doing if you're not. 29 years at UPS on and off a truck my knees are starting to feel it. Is it cheating maybe a little but no more than an inline muzzleloader over a cap lock or a compound with sights over a recurve. I hate to piss in people's cereal but legal is legal that's they way I look at it. I got the rambo because they do give one heck of a veteran discount. Also I'd have 2 bikes so my son and I could ride together. Hopefully the new bike they're sending me will have the kinks worked out if not I'll give them a call for sure. I'd definitely let them you'll be posting on every forum about their customer service and tell them you're more than happy to take the time to blast there crappy service.

They are awesome for getting to a far away treestand when you're not trying to break a sweat and stink up the woods. Also doubles as a pretty sweet rig to pull the kids bike trailer around town. No shame in owning one here. I get why people hate on them though. I used to until I got one. If they are legal where you hunt, why the hell not?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I had some issues with mine and called their customer service 3 different times and left messages, never got one call back. My hub makes a fairly loud clicking noise that won’t go away. Then the display would go out, I finally located a bad connection. Finally it wouldn’t shift into the 3rd gear range. A friend of mine was able to adjust the cables and fix that problem. In my opinion that’s a lot of issues for a new bike.

Very poor customer service, I would not buy another bike from them.
Same problem! Rear hub pops loud and the chain skips. Or at least it feels like it skips. Call 1/2 dozen times for replacement customer service technician said I was no and sent me new chain and sprocket instead. I tried the new chain and sprocket didn’t make any difference. Poor customer service.