DO NOT tell your non hunting friends you killed an elk...

Rob5589

WKR
Holy hell! Everyone wants my elk meat! From "hook a brother up" to "how much per pound." My wife mentioned to some of her co-workers that I had killed one. Dudes went nuts! One offered 10 bucks per pound. I told her to tell him; fly to Japan, buy some top end Wagyu, fly home. It would be cheaper than what I'd want per pound after 4 tags and everything that goes along with it :LOL:

I guess it's a good problem to have. Sort of...:cool:

I validate people have had it first before giving out too much. Too many non hunters think theyll like it then don’t eat it. My wife is embarrassed of my stinginess with neighbors but that’s how it goes...🤨

Felix40

WKR
I validate people have had it first before giving out too much. Too many non hunters think theyll like it then don’t eat it. My wife is embarrassed of my stinginess with neighbors but that’s how it goes...🤨
Thanks to Joe Rogan always talking about how it tastes better than any meat on earth. I sure get tired of that.

Last edited:
I used to have an ‘elk party’ most years..
Beer, poker and elk burgers.
Turned probably 8-9 vegetarians/vegans into meat eaters over the years (not on purpose).

Quality elk meat is amazing, and 99% why I still chase them with a bow after 20+ years.

Poser

WKR
I’ll share with people who I am sure will cook it promptly and enjoy it, but it’s usually just a single cut such as a roast. When I used to kill 6-10 Whitetails a season back in Tennessee, I’d be willing to share grind and sometimes even backstraps to the super appreciative. If someone has a genuine and burning desire to eat venison, maybe they grow up eating it or are just way into food and venison will be a special occasion, I’m open to it.

Sako76

WKR
I killed two bull elk this year (Utah and Colorado). I give meat to my two medical doctors, veterinarian, hunting partners (5), the guy who watches my dog when I go on vacation, a couple of good coworkers and several neighbors and my wives friends. I'm glad I got two since there isn't a lot left. I do have one rule, if someone just asks me for some meat that I'm not close with, that's a definite "no".