Do we still hate Hornady?

Thought popped into my head the other day on a long car ride. I remember there was some huplah involving people boycotting hornady a year or so back. I think it was about hornady trying a vaccine mandate for employees? Did anything ever happen in regards to them implementing something? Are any of you choosing not to use hornady products?

zhoward1

FNG

I have been very pleased with shooting Hornady LEVERevolution out of my Marlin 45-70 325 Gr. Groups fantastic @ 150 yards​

More for me I guess.

Be outraged sheeple! Don't buy Hornady, Nike, BRCC, Meateater, First Lite, etc.

I hear the VP of Federal Ammunition Primer manufacturing forced his employees to get a vaccine against toxic masculinity. Nobody buy their primers, especially 215M's!!! It's unforgiveable!

2ski

WKR
Someone write a long narrative on this so that I understand. When is it okay to be canceled and when is it not okay?

You guys and your cancel culture. Wanting to cancel Hornady. Y'all are triggered. You'll argue you're not or that your justified in canceling them but tomorrow you'll complain about someone you agree with getting canceled.

Just your version of Woke......

EdP

WKR
I have no problem with Hornady. IMO they are the major innovators in cartridge design and in reloading tool improvements and I appreciate that.

Oregonboy

WKR
What's the end goal of hating on Hornady? One less high quality bullet manufacturer? One less company in our industry? Less American manufacturing jobs? How does this help us? You're not going to like every decision your peers make, do you end the relationship on the first strike? Are we all going to continue this "one strike you're out" policy? I thought that's what we were critizing the left for?

I'm still a fan. I'll buy more when I need more.

TSAMP

WKR
A simple Google search shows the CEO walked back and clarified they were not mandating. Was it sincere? Idk.

Thought Id add this so my fellow WKR's can be informed.

Carry on.

Someone write a long narrative on this so that I understand. When is it okay to be canceled and when is it not okay?

You guys and your cancel culture. Wanting to cancel Hornady. Y'all are triggered. You'll argue you're not or that your justified in canceling them but tomorrow you'll complain about someone you agree with getting canceled.

True statement.

Decide what's best for you. But resist the urge to definitively define something or someone based on one facet at one point in time.

I too find it extremely irritating that bullets I have used for 30-40 years are not available as they work at cramming their new crud in our ear. With a little luck I have enough of a stockpile to last until I don't it any more.

mitchellmountain

Lil-Rokslider
Since I decided to stop buying a product from a manufacturer because they implemented policy that I deeply disagree with I'm triggered and woke. Hell I thought it was American to make informed choices and spend my money where I best see fit. Guess I learned something today.

Axlrod

WKR
Since I decided to stop buying a product from a manufacturer because they implemented policy that I deeply disagree with I'm triggered and woke. Hell I thought it was American to make informed choices and spend my money where I best see fit. Guess I learned something today.
Turns out they didn't implement the policy that made you feel informed.

Blowdowner

Lil-Rokslider

X WRONG. That’s not cancel culture. Firing someone over a medicine is literal canceling. We have the most rights here because we’re tough but mainly because we don’t fall for garbage arguments and unjust policies. Keeping our guns and ammo will ideally be done by winning arguments and tarring and feathering tyrants not the “other” option. And if it comes to the other option Hornady could very well sell duds to people who fight the next tyranny. By your argument the Boston Tea Party was a triggered bunch of antifa dorks. And Paul Revere was being hysterical.

mitchellmountain

Lil-Rokslider
Turns out they didn't implement the policy that made you feel informed.
They did actually implement the policy, the letter from the president to the employees of the company was widely distributed. Only after massive backlash did he walk his policy back. If that meets your requirements for ethical behavior, that's fine and your choice as an informed consumer. My standards differ and I choose to make a different decision on where I spend my money based on the information I obtained.
Notice, not once did I state others should follow my lead in my reply. Snark on