Do we still hate Hornady?

Pot Stir GIFs | Tenor

Axlrod

WKR
They did actually implement the policy, the letter from the president to the employees of the company was widely distributed. Only after massive backlash did he walk his policy back. If that meets your requirements for ethical behavior, that's fine and your choice as an informed consumer. My standards differ and I choose to make a different decision on where I spend my money based on the information I obtained.
Notice, not once did I state others should follow my lead in my reply. Snark on
Did you read the letter?
The letter began President Bidden announces workplace vaccine mandate. Through OSHA, Bidden was trying to formulate a vax mandate for all companies over 100 employees. With OSHA threatening a fine of $14,000 per day per employee.
The government backed down on this mandate. It was NEVER implemented at Hornady.

mitchellmountain

Lil-Rokslider
I did, and followed the matter closely . The letter was sent out before Bidens policy went into effect or had any teeth. Hornady's president followed along before he had to.

They did actually implement the policy, the letter from the president to the employees of the company was widely distributed. Only after massive backlash did he walk his policy back. If that meets your requirements for ethical behavior, that's fine and your choice as an informed consumer. My standards differ and I choose to make a different decision on where I spend my money based on the information I obtained.
Notice, not once did I state others should follow my lead in my reply. Snark on
What would it take to change your mind on this issue? Or any issue you've decided on?

Not saying you're wrong or that you should change your mind. Just curious, for research sake, to read the factors people use to reevaluate their stance and choices.

KenLee

WKR
If an employer pays for health care, sick days, vacation days, has to pay for extended leave, STD, LTD, has to find and train replacement workers, then yeah I think they should have a say IF they so desire. Hornady or Joe down at the gas station.
Just like Employee has a choice to take his/her ball and go home.

mitchellmountain

Lil-Rokslider
If an employer pays for health care, sick days, vacation days, has to pay for extended leave, STD, LTD, has to find and train replacement workers, then yeah I think they should have a say IF they so desire. Hornady or Joe down at the gas station.
An employer being able to terminate employment based on the employees willingness to comply to standards with moving goalposts. This is the epitome of a slippery slope.
Is it reasonable for the employer to force employees to take medication for cholesterol, blood pressure or diabetes? What if the employee is morbidly obese, can they force them to lose weight? Can they change the terms of the contract and add more stipulations as time goes on?
What if that employee drinks alcohol on the weekend? All these factors affect an individual's health and their use of a company's provided healthcare.
But what really bothered me in particular about hornady is that when they sent out this letter it was widely known and accepted that the vaccine didn't stop or even slow the spread of the virus. So basically the point made above is why they chose to go ahead with the decision, financial. Healthcare is a personal choice, especially when those choices do not affect the people around you.
That's my opinion, obviously not all agree with it, I don't judge anyone for still buying their products but I won't be one of them.

Last edited:

amassi

WKR
Add sierra to the list. The team that designed and produces the tipped matchking bullet line says happy holidays instead of merry Christmas. Don't support the tmk bullet line.

jayhawk

WKR
I don't have anything against boycotts. I mean the Montgomery Bus Boycott seemed to work. Why not use public sentiment to influence the market? It's part of the free market.

Blowdowner

Lil-Rokslider
Future politician here. Just like Biden telling railroad workers to stuff it.

KenLee

WKR
Add sierra to the list. The team that designed and produces the tipped matchking bullet line says happy holidays instead of merry Christmas. Don't support the tmk bullet line.
and they bought Barnes from Remington in the bankruptcy sell-off. So while you're making a list...