Do western hunters long for eastern hunts

I couldn’t image not hunting elk and mule deer out west, but same goes for my exotic, Whitetail, Pronghorn and mule deer hunts in TX/Okla.

I get east of rapid City and start quivering, so no dreams of a eastern hunt

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SWOHTR

WKR
Yes. I will forever look forward to the camaraderie of Wisconsin whitetail deer camp! My most favorite time of the year. As posted earlier, the idea of not having to kill yourself daily on a hunt does have a certain appeal to it.

Rob5589

WKR
I'd love to do an eastern hunt for whitetail, hogs, maybe gators. My bro-in-law hunted ducks in the timber and said it was awesome. Short hunts though with limits within an hour of opener. I'd definitely be in for that as well.

Savage99

WKR
No hunts, inshore fishing for reds in FL gets me going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The East is a waste. I think it's best all the western guys save your money, time off, and not bother.

Plus I don't want to share my six tags and twelve plus weeks of hunting with others.

JWP58

WKR
Dream? No. Do I wish that I owned a section of land back home (the greatest state in all the land...Texas) sometimes? Yes. It would be nice sometimes to walk out the back door and go hunting. Plus squirrel hunting, pig hunting/trapping and night predator calling was fun.

However when I get up in the high country, that day dreaming fades. I'm pretty happy.

Zbot

WKR
I love chasing axis deer, Mouflon, and Aoudad back home in Texas and try to do it every year but other that that that’s it. Living in Nevada has spoiled me I regards to access and getting way back in there.

Poser

WKR
By getting your hopes up that you just MIGHT have a deer coming in. And then climbing up the tree you’re in to chirp at you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always found squirrels to be entertaining when I used to spend hours hanging in trees.
Ambush style hunting definitely requires a state of meditation. I remember taking 45 minutes to eat a PBJ -you have to sort of “give up” and let your sense of time adjust to the Forrest.

The East is a waste. I think it's best all the western guys save your money, time off, and not bother.

Plus I don't want to share my six tags and twelve plus weeks of hunting with others.
Agreed it's horrible! Stay away!!!
I'm leaving tomorrow to start my whitetail rifle season and I am only issued deer 6 tags with my 35 buck big game license to last me till 1-1 without buying extras. I am sure i have to shoot some hogs when they come thru..Probably have to take a morning off hunting to fish for reds and sea trout...a man cant live on venision and wild hog alone.

It gets worse 2nd half of Oct...the wahoo and yellowfin start running offshore and you have to take a whole day off from hunting...

Agreed save your money and time off this wasteland just isn't worth it.

Last edited:

TheTone

WKR
Not really. I may consider a Midwest whitetail hunt after I’m retired but I’m not giving up any time now to do it

CX5Ranch

WKR
I'm not giving up 4 months of deer season with unlimited tags for 30 days OTC.
I can take 2 weeks in the mountains and nearly hunt half the season.

So what do you guys do for the other 11 months besides shovel snow and cut wood?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk