Do western hunters long for eastern hunts

JShane

FNG
I Cant help but ponder this from my few years of studying and learning in preparation to hunt out west. Any of you guys who live out west have dream hunts that can only be found here in the East or South?

Cml5895

FNG
I've been in Colorado for only a few months (moved from western NY), and I know that come May, I will be longing for Eastern turkey hunts. But that's about it.

muddydogs

WKR
Nope. Only thing that might be of interest would be turkeys but anymore there are plenty of turkeys in the West. Maybe some exotic out of Texas when I can't chase elk anymore.

OP
J

JShane

FNG
can't say as I blame you fellas so far we haven't much to offer that you guys don't already have.

I would to love to the midwest or east and get some good hunting in with my Tradbow. Maybe next year.

Jbehredt

WKR
As farEast as I dream is Nebraska for turkey and whitetails, and that’s just over the state line.

Tradchef

WKR
I miss hunting back home (Vermont and Pennsylvania) just because it was a ton of fun. It’s been a long while since I did much hunting back east as I prefer it out here.

Walking Birds

Lil-Rokslider
Went back last year and shot a buck in CNY, the only thing I miss about hunting in the east is hunting with old friends and family. Other than that, I had more fun chasing muleys all over than sitting in one spot all day

hammerguy

FNG
I Cant help but ponder this from my few years of studying and learning in preparation to hunt out west. Any of you guys who live out west have dream hunts that can only be found here in the East or South?

I'll leave the desert and cross the Mississippi at least once a year for the rest of my life, just so I can chase Osceolas .
A Maine moose to bookend one from Alaska seems like a pretty cool idea some day.

TC406

FNG
I grew up in Maine hearing hunting stories from my dad about his grandfather, but he (my father) stopped hunting when his gramps passed, so I grew up without it. Now that I've come to love hunting living in Montana, I'd love to go back to Maine and spend some time hunting whitetails on my families property, and dream of hunting a northern Maine moose some day.

ODB

WKR
As a guy who spent 27 years on the east coast and 20 on the west...no.

But, I think about Africa more than either.

Last edited: