Do western hunters long for eastern hunts

mtnkid85

WKR
It looks like I'm going against the grain here, but I would like to go east and hunt whitetails from a tree stand once.
Ive only ever taken one whitetail in my life, sure I can hunt them here in MT but I never do because im too busy chasing elk or spot and stalking mulies.
We have some family back in Wisconsin and Ive thought it would be fun to combine an archery hunt with a visit to them.

If anyone wanted to do a hunt swap of sorts Id be open to exchanging PMs.

boom

WKR
i'm all for it.

there is something to be said about getting home from work, getting gear out and running to a local place to hunt till sundown. even cooler if your running out the backdoor to hunt your own property and farm. that would be awesome!!

my brother bought into a lease in TX. i gave him a hard time, but to be honest, he has been busting his ass setting up his stuff. it still looks like a blast!!

boom

WKR
It looks like I'm going against the grain here, but I would like to go east and hunt whitetails from a tree stand once.
Ive only ever taken one whitetail in my life, sure I can hunt them here in MT but I never do because im too busy chasing elk or spot and stalking mulies.
We have some family back in Wisconsin and Ive thought it would be fun to combine an archery hunt with a visit to them.

If anyone wanted to do a hunt swap of sorts Id be open to exchanging PMs.

right..i come unglued. no exaggeration. unglued when a turkey works it's way to me. i might rupture an artery, if i saw a big buck working a trail that lead past my tree stand. 90% i would miss. it all looks awesome!!

boom

WKR
I really want to go back to Puerto Rico and shoot iguana's. That was some of the most fun my dad and I have had together plus it's the first "hunt" I've had my boys on. I doubt it has the long term draw of big game hunt here in the west and AK but when 4 of you shoot 150 in 4 hours with air rifles (many of which had to be shot 4+ times) it's pretty fun. The guides were super cool too. I will go back with my own rifle and scope next time though. Their scopes sucked super bad. There was only about 70 in the picture but more then half were too hard to recover due to the thick brush under the trees. We shot over 30 from the big tree behind us. Another bonus is I got to combine it with a family vacation.

View attachment 118289

About the only thing besides that the east has that we dont is hogs and different species of turkey's.

oh, count me in!! i have my own airgun..a Hatsun. i know Hatsun hosts a hunt for them.

you taste one?

Idaho CTD

Lil-Rokslider
We were going to try one but we had let them sit in the sun too long at 90 degrees and he advised against it. We didn't ask about it until the hunt was over and he said if you want to eat one you need to put it on ice immediately. He said they taste like a fishy chicken.

We used Hatsun rifles and the gun itself wasn't bad (they were about a 300.00 rifle. I looked it up when I got home. I think they are Flash's or something like that). The scopes had huge parallax issues and it made things a bit tough. The parallax would change as you shot them. I have a buddy that is into air rifles a lot and he said to get a FX1000. So I will probably buy one of those before I go again plus get a tripod with a cradle so my kids can shoot it easier.

boom

WKR
We were going to try one but we had let them sit in the sun too long at 90 degrees and he advised against it. We didn't ask about it until the hunt was over and he said if you want to eat one you need to put it on ice immediately. He said they taste like a fishy chicken.

We used Hatsun rifles and the gun itself wasn't bad (they were about a 300.00 rifle. I looked it up when I got home. I think they are Flash's or something like that). The scopes had huge parallax issues and it made things a bit tough. The parallax would change as you shot them. I have a buddy that is into air rifles a lot and he said to get a FX1000. So I will probably buy one of those before I go again plus get a tripod with a cradle so my kids can shoot it easier.

count me in!! haha.. i have a Hatsun AT 44 QE (or something) in .22 cal. what cal were you all shooting? i think a slingshot would be in my back pocket for the close encounters.

you mind me PMing you for details ?

Idaho CTD

Lil-Rokslider
We shot .22's and the guides shot .25's. They also had 10 round rotary mags versus ours being single shots. The bigger cals kill better but need recharging faster too. Might need to rig up a backpack for a scuba tank and pipe it directly into the gun. :D

ramont

Lil-Rokslider
That's some pretty narrow minded shit right there

I'm sure that you would think so, and that proves why I don't like going any further east than the midwest. Obviously I'm one of those "ignert" flyover guys who doesn't embrace the truly enlightened mentality of easterners.

Jason7

FNG
There isn't much here in NC that is alluring to western hunters from what I can see. Nothing beats a back country hunt in the west.