Do you 223....too?

Lawnboi

WKR
Well this thread originally sold me on a bolt 223. No regrets

Summer is going by and I already have almost 500 rounds down the tube, and just picked up a couple more cases of match ammo for less than 10 bucks a box. This thing has already taught me a lot, for a lot less money than my big gun

The tikka shoots one moa for the most part with everything Iv fed it. Holds minute of coyote to 500 if I do my part. Though it’s tough to be super precise with the swfa 3-9 the reticle will eat up a 1moa target at 500

Fun to shoot, when I can get it out of my wife’s hands

Last edited:
Well this thread originally sold me on a bolt 223. No regrets

Summer is going by and I already have almost 500 rounds down the tube, and just picked up a couple more cases of match ammo for less than 10 bucks a box. This thing has already taught me a lot, for a lot less money than my big gun

The tikka shoots one moa for the most part with everything Iv fed it. Holds minute of coyote to 500 if I do my part. Though it’s tough to be super precise with the swfa 3-9 the reticle will eat up a 1moa target at 500

Fun to shoot, when I can get it out of my wife’s hands

I’ve got the same set up. It’s probably my favorite and most easy rifle to shoot. Added a vertical grip, 5 round mag, and a SWFA 3-9 in Sportsmatch rings. I feel like I can get zeroed easier with this set up than anything else even after completely redoing the rings. Lightweight, accurate. I love it

dc4575c3e14fc860ffd77a73984e1c99.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawnboi

WKR
I’ve got the same set up. It’s probably my favorite and most easy rifle to shoot. Added a vertical grip, 5 round mag, and a SWFA 3-9 in Sportsmatch rings. I feel like I can get zeroed easier with this set up than anything else even after completely redoing the rings. Lightweight, accurate. I love it

dc4575c3e14fc860ffd77a73984e1c99.jpg

Mine looks very similar, but with a kydex cheek saddle thrown on and a bigger bolt handle. Really impressed with the tikka action

I’m already thinking of restocking, but waiting to see if I can find some longer 223 mags. Really don’t want to give up the tikka mag system to deal with aics if I don’t have to. Thinking a McMillan adjustable game scout, with a pic rail in front of the mag well for my tripod.

Last edited:

wildcat33

WKR
For those running the tikka and reloading heavies (and longer), whats the best route to go with mags? Stick with Tikka or convert to aics?

OP
16Bore

16Bore

WKR
Tikka mags are too short if you’re trying to kiss lands with 75 ELD stuff. You can convert or try 75 BTHP’s at mag length. Most of the factory loaded heavies work just fine in the stock mag. I converted one for long loaded 75 Amax and it was a royal pain in the ass.

I think mountain tactical makes some now.

skywalkr

Lil-Rokslider
Might be a stupid question but is this ammo good to go in a Tikka T3x in .223? It’s 5.56 and I’ve read conflicting information online and figure you guys probably know what the deal is.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Might be a stupid question but is this ammo good to go in a Tikka T3x in .223? It’s 5.56 and I’ve read conflicting information online and figure you guys probably know what the deal is.

Yes indeed.

There’s no issue with 223/5.56 in bolt guns.

EastMT

WKR
I used to be concerned about using 5.56 brass in a 223 because you hear it a lot. Then I bought some HSM reman ammo, it 5.56 commercially produced and labeled as 223.

Only real difference I’ve found is that the neck is a hair longer, and in some tight chambers the bolt won’t close or closes hard. Test that out before you buy a lot of it would be my only suggestion.