Do you believe in ghosts

Ratbeetle

WKR
Well do you? I've never been a believer in the supernatural type stuff but I'm not naive enough to think we have all the mysteries of the universe unravelled.

There's been some strange happenings around the ratbeetle house lately.

ODB

WKR
I've heard enough stories from sober, serious people to say absolutely. In one case they think the spirit was attached to an antique armoire that was passed down through the family.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

- The Bard

OP
Ratbeetle

Ratbeetle

WKR
Oh just things that make you go hmmmm....this might be a bit long and rambling.

Since having our little girl a couple years ago, we would often hear odd noises on her baby monitor. It creeped my wife out but she's always been more impressionable than me. I just chalked it up to the house settling.

Been working from home quite a bit in the last year. So about a month ago, I was sitting at the kitchen table working and heard as plain as day our dog walking down the stairs. The dog is old and has a very distinct sound coming down the stairs. Kind of a thump thump sound. I look up at the stairs and don't see a dog...I glance in the living room and she's sound asleep in her bed. Odd. I told my wife about it later that night and she thinks I'm an idiot.

Fast forward a week or so, we had put our daughter to bed and are sitting on the couch watching tv. Thump thump coming down the stairs. My wife looks at the stairs and then over to our sleeping dog and then over to me with wide eyes. I just bust up laughing and say "told you." We sit there a few minutes and then hear some creaking and popping on the baby monitor. Being slightly creeped out, I get up and look at the monitor just in time to see a weird streak move across and our daughter who has been sound asleep starts tossing and turning. At that point, I had enough and hustled up stairs and parked my ass in her rocking chair for an hour while she slept.

Since that night my daughter who is 2 and half mind you has now mentioned ghosts in the spare bedroom and told my wife "grandma" was in her room. We don't use "grandma" we have other names for the grandmothers...

Just a couple nights ago we were all upstairs in my daughter's room having quiet time before bed. We were sitting around her blanket and she was handing out books. She hands one to daddy, then mommy then she places one next to my wife and says "one for grandma."

That brings us to last night. It was a long day, so when we put our daughter to bed we decided to lay in bed and read. Daughter's room is across the hall from ours and we had the light on so our bedroom door was closed. She had a hard time going to sleep last night and was rustling in her bed, it sounded like someone touched our doorknob and my wife said "oh no she's up." But when she looked at the monitor, my daughter was still snuggled in her covers. I get up and go check on her. She's sleeping fine so I turn around to leave her room and stop, her closet door is slid open about 6". No big deal except when my wife was getting my daughter ready for bed, I specifically picked up her dirty clothes and placed them in the clothes basket in the closet and CLOSED THE DOOR.

We'll see what tonight brings but I'm about to burn the house down. Kidding, kinda.

TxxAgg

WKR
Interesting. Seems like you have a good attitude about it which is helpful.

I've always said I don't know what I don't know. If they're real, I hope they leave me alone. I'm not going around looking for proof. Same for aliens and bigfoot.

OP
Ratbeetle

Ratbeetle

WKR
Interesting. Seems like you have a good attitude about it which is helpful.

I've always said I don't know what I don't know. If they're real, I hope they leave me alone. I'm not going around looking for proof. Same for aliens and bigfoot.
Never felt concerned or threatened. It's just weird.

Reactions: JVS

ewade07

WKR
Oh just things that make you go hmmmm....this might be a bit long and rambling.

Since having our little girl a couple years ago, we would often hear odd noises on her baby monitor. It creeped my wife out but she's always been more impressionable than me. I just chalked it up to the house settling.

Been working from home quite a bit in the last year. So about a month ago, I was sitting at the kitchen table working and heard as plain as day our dog walking down the stairs. The dog is old and has a very distinct sound coming down the stairs. Kind of a thump thump sound. I look up at the stairs and don't see a dog...I glance in the living room and she's sound asleep in her bed. Odd. I told my wife about it later that night and she thinks I'm an idiot.

Fast forward a week or so, we had put our daughter to bed and are sitting on the couch watching tv. Thump thump coming down the stairs. My wife looks at the stairs and then over to our sleeping dog and then over to me with wide eyes. I just bust up laughing and say "told you." We sit there a few minutes and then hear some creaking and popping on the baby monitor. Being slightly creeped out, I get up and look at the monitor just in time to see a weird streak move across and our daughter who has been sound asleep starts tossing and turning. At that point, I had enough and hustled up stairs and parked my ass in her rocking chair for an hour while she slept.

Since that night my daughter who is 2 and half mind you has now mentioned ghosts in the spare bedroom and told my wife "grandma" was in her room. We don't use "grandma" we have other names for the grandmothers...

Just a couple nights ago we were all upstairs in my daughter's room having quiet time before bed. We were sitting around her blanket and she was handing out books. She hands one to daddy, then mommy then she places one next to my wife and says "one for grandma."

That brings us to last night. It was a long day, so when we put our daughter to bed we decided to lay in bed and read. Daughter's room is across the hall from ours and we had the light on so our bedroom door was closed. She had a hard time going to sleep last night and was rustling in her bed, it sounded like someone touched our doorknob and my wife said "oh no she's up." But when she looked at the monitor, my daughter was still snuggled in her covers. I get up and go check on her. She's sleeping fine so I turn around to leave her room and stop, her closet door is slid open about 6". No big deal except when my wife was getting my daughter ready for bed, I specifically picked up her dirty clothes and placed them in the clothes basket in the closet and CLOSED THE DOOR.

We'll see what tonight brings but I'm about to burn the house down. Kidding, kinda.
Absolutely. F***ing. Not.

sndmn11

WKR
Thornton is whack. Our little 3yo boy says some weird stuff as well, the baby monitors are built as cheaply as possible, so I don't put much stock in things that are seen or heard on it. I do hope there are spirits and supernatural things in this world though!

cnelk

WKR
Hang some sage around. That’ll help.

Years ago we were at a friends house having a Halloween party for the kids.

We were staged in separate rooms and the kids came around and looked in each dark room where we were scaring them.

At one point in the room where I was in alone, something brushed past me.

The door was closed and there wasn’t anyone else around.

After the party, the adults were taking about stuff and the owners of the house fessed up that the pace was haunted.
The lady said the ghost would actually pull her hair when she was walking up the stairs. She had sage in every room.

It used to be an old morgue.