Do you believe in ghosts

KsRancher

WKR
I dont know if I believe in ghost but something wierd is out there. The first place my wife and I moved into to had something going on. It had an upstairs. The upstairs door was in my wife and I's bedroom. We ALWAYS kept it shut. We started noticing that when we would get home for the day that upstairs door would be open.

We got thinking that someone was coming in the house during the day while were gone. Asked a few people about it and they said the house was settling. It was an old house but had a great foundation so it didn't sound like that was the issue.

It got to really bothering us and got to happening 3-4 times a week. It had a knob with one of the push button locks. We made sure it was locked at all times. One night while sleeping my wife and sat straight up in bed as we were woke up to the noise of the knob turning, push button lock popping out and the door slowly opened. Freaked me the hell out. Happened 2 more times. Then just quit all together. Whole ordeal lasted probably 2 weeks. Door never was open again. No idea what it was or was happening.

OP
Ratbeetle

Ratbeetle

WKR
Thornton is whack. Our little 3yo boy says some weird stuff as well, the baby monitors are built as cheaply as possible, so I don't put much stock in things that are seen or heard on it. I do hope there are spirits and supernatural things in this world though!
For sure. The monitors aren't the best and kids can be weird, ha. My daughter says off the wall stuff all the time.

OP
Ratbeetle

Ratbeetle

WKR
I dont know if I believe in ghost but something wierd is out there. The first place my wife and I moved into to had something going on. It had an upstairs. The upstairs door was in my wife and I's bedroom. We ALWAYS kept it shut. We started noticing that when we would get home for the day that upstairs door would be open.

We got thinking that someone was coming in the house during the day while were gone. Asked a few people about it and they said the house was settling. It was an old house but had a great foundation so it didn't sound like that was the issue.

It got to really bothering us and got to happening 3-4 times a week. It had a knob with one of the push button locks. We made sure it was locked at all times. One night while sleeping my wife and sat straight up in bed as we were woke up to the noise of the knob turning, push button lock popping out and the door slowly opened. Freaked me the hell out. Happened 2 more times. Then just quit all together. Whole ordeal lasted probably 2 weeks. Door never was open again. No idea what it was or was happening.
Yeah, that would be a bit unsettling.

OP
Ratbeetle

Ratbeetle

WKR
Oh shoot, almost forgot about the time I was laying in bed and heard the baby gate in my daughter's room move. We don't lock the gate so my daughter can come into our room at night if she wants.

So I'm laying in bed about to doze off and hear the soft "clink" of her metal gate close. I figure she's up and heading to our room so I expect little footsteps any minute. Nothing. So I go check on her and she's sound asleep in her bed.

I sat in her rocking chair for awhile that night too. That was a few days after my wife and I heard the stairs together.

KineKilla

WKR
Oh just things that make you go hmmmm....this might be a bit long and rambling.

Since having our little girl a couple years ago, we would often hear odd noises on her baby monitor. It creeped my wife out but she's always been more impressionable than me. I just chalked it up to the house settling.

Been working from home quite a bit in the last year. So about a month ago, I was sitting at the kitchen table working and heard as plain as day our dog walking down the stairs. The dog is old and has a very distinct sound coming down the stairs. Kind of a thump thump sound. I look up at the stairs and don't see a dog...I glance in the living room and she's sound asleep in her bed. Odd. I told my wife about it later that night and she thinks I'm an idiot.

Fast forward a week or so, we had put our daughter to bed and are sitting on the couch watching tv. Thump thump coming down the stairs. My wife looks at the stairs and then over to our sleeping dog and then over to me with wide eyes. I just bust up laughing and say "told you." We sit there a few minutes and then hear some creaking and popping on the baby monitor. Being slightly creeped out, I get up and look at the monitor just in time to see a weird streak move across and our daughter who has been sound asleep starts tossing and turning. At that point, I had enough and hustled up stairs and parked my ass in her rocking chair for an hour while she slept.

Since that night my daughter who is 2 and half mind you has now mentioned ghosts in the spare bedroom and told my wife "grandma" was in her room. We don't use "grandma" we have other names for the grandmothers...

Just a couple nights ago we were all upstairs in my daughter's room having quiet time before bed. We were sitting around her blanket and she was handing out books. She hands one to daddy, then mommy then she places one next to my wife and says "one for grandma."

That brings us to last night. It was a long day, so when we put our daughter to bed we decided to lay in bed and read. Daughter's room is across the hall from ours and we had the light on so our bedroom door was closed. She had a hard time going to sleep last night and was rustling in her bed, it sounded like someone touched our doorknob and my wife said "oh no she's up." But when she looked at the monitor, my daughter was still snuggled in her covers. I get up and go check on her. She's sleeping fine so I turn around to leave her room and stop, her closet door is slid open about 6". No big deal except when my wife was getting my daughter ready for bed, I specifically picked up her dirty clothes and placed them in the clothes basket in the closet and CLOSED THE DOOR.

We'll see what tonight brings but I'm about to burn the house down. Kidding, kinda.
I'm not a strong believer but I like to keep my mind open.

Sounds to me like IF there is a spirit of sorts in your place it tends to center around your daughter. It also does not sound like it is hostile toward her.

Perhaps it is a loving grandmother watching over the girl? In that case, I couldn't think of anything better to have watching over a person except maybe a parent themselves.

So, while there may be some unexplained and creepy things taking place...perhaps instead of looking at it negatively you should embrace the presence and try to view it as a blessing of some sort.

Just my $0.02

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

sndmn11

WKR

I would love it if you said that house was in Thornton.

jmazz

Lil-Rokslider
Yes. I've lived in or spent a lot of time in 3 haunted houses. Enough stories to make you get the chills.

jmazz

Lil-Rokslider
Just remembered there was a 4th house.

Here are my favorites from each house.

At least 25 years ago as a kid I woke up to a misty figure standing over my bed. I screamed for my parents and ran into their room. Turns out my dad saw the same thing 2 weeks before and my youngest brother saw it a few months the later. None of us were talked to about it before we saw it.

15ish years ago I used to stay at my girlfriend's house on an old orchard. We would see a dark haired woman in a light colored dress in one of the rooms.

In my parents current house we had the usual ghostly steps going up and down the stairs all night, tv randomly turning on and cabinets banging. One time my ex was going down the stairs carrying a card game and was shoved from behind. When she hit the bottom the only card in her hand was "head over heels".

In my house in Kansas 3 years ago, my wife and I were lying in bed in the dark and heard a child's voice say "Daddy" in our room. I ran into my son's room and he was fast asleep. That ghost also used to torment our dog and would shut him in the bathroom. We had to get a door stop to keep it from happening.

Personally I don't... However, I know a guy in northern VA who told this story & swore it was true... he was in his deer stand overlooking a cut cornfield which happened to be part of a civil war battlefield & camp. He said he saw a Confederate soldier come out of the ground, walk about 50 yards & go back in the ground.

I'm not a strong believer but I like to keep my mind open.

Sounds to me like IF there is a spirit of sorts in your place it tends to center around your daughter. It also does not sound like it is hostile toward her.
Her name isn't Carol is it? 👻

jmazz

Lil-Rokslider
Here's another. We were at my parent's and my son was about 3. Everyone was sitting at the table for dinner and he asks "why isn't everyone sitting?" I said "Everyone is sitting down right now." He pointed to the other side of the room and asked "why isn't he sitting down then?"

My wife isn't a believer, will justify anything she hears as something else and hasn't seen anything herself but that time that we heard a voice in our room was the closest she's been to believing.

I do not. There are all kinds of reported ghost sightings and interactions. Why in all that have died would not one of these produce some definitive, public display of life after death? I believe that people believe in ghosts and believe they have seen/experienced one. We choose the outcome we prefer. Notice some people have a bunch of stories and some have none. Sure some have one, but it seems those that have a ghost story have more than one. Also, many involve kids. Kids have imaginations, imaginary friends and all that stuff they use to stretch their young brains. I have had weird things happen. I can choose to believe it was supernatural or I can choose to contribute it to just something weird that happened, or my mind thought happened. Our brains and nervous systems are complex and we experience some weird things because of it.

Meshnasty

Lil-Rokslider
The house I grew up in had two ghosts. An older man and young boy. I saw both, my dad saw the old man, my mom saw the young boy, I don’t know what the hell my brother saw.

if I didn’t see what I saw and had the experiences I did I wouldn’t believe in them.

My earliest memories of it started with name calling. Our names would be called and we go ask our mom what she wanted, but she hadn’t called for me. This happened to my mom, brother, and myself.
Then it was rattling door handles. Our shower was down stairs and you’d be taking a shower and the door handle would rattle as if someone was trying to get in.
Our basement was a walkout and we would have our dog on one of those 20’ leashes that screw into the ground. She would run as close as she could get to the house barking and growling.
When you turned corners around the house, especially down the hall way all of our rooms were down there were shadows that would dart into them.
Objects would move over night, some would disappear for multiple days. Sometimes weeks even. My mom would ask for the items back and they would be sitting on the table eventually.

I’ll never forget the first time I saw one. I was in 8th grade finishing painting a rocket for our shop class at our kitchen table. I looked up and the boy was standing in our kitchen watching me.

My mom actually lived there for two years by herself after my parents got divorced. I hated being there alone.

My dad always said we were imagining things and making it up. He wouldn’t even discuss it with us. That was until he saw the old man. He said he woke up three times each time it moved closer until it was touching him. He said it felt like his arm was completely dead asleep. After this he brought it up to us and asked why we were running up and down the stairs at night(my dad slept downstairs). Short story long I refused to go down in the basement at night unless I absolutely had to.

You couldn’t pay me to spend another night in that house.