Do you believe in ghosts

def90

WKR
I didn’t happen in Boulder ;)
Was going to say that you get the stink eye from all of the bikers around here, especially if they percieve that you may have pulled an inch further forward in to the crosswalk than they think you should have.

My daughter used to say some creepy stuff when she was like 1.5-3.5 years old. I brought her into the basement of our new to us home she was probably a little over two and kept telling me to shhhh and she was listening to the concrete foundation I asked her what she was doing and she said there’s sad people under the house and they are yelling at her. She’s had a few “people” in her room with names she’d never heard before. Kids say weird shit. Once she hit 4 it all stopped and she hasn’t said anything since then, but a couple months ago my wife was in the kitchen my son was on my lap and my daughter was throwing something away in the trash in the pantry door she shut it and the cabinet door above her flung open and her school lunchbox fell on her head. Originally I couldn’t explain it but thinking about it and the way my wife puts stuff away she probably tossed it up in the air and slammed the door shut and it was leaning on the door, and when the pantry shut it was just enough to open the door and fall out. I have a 50/50 shot of chicken nuggets falling on my feet opening the freezer door...

Mosby

WKR
I spent a bit of time in Gettysburg, PA when I was young. A lot of normal people have seen things there from the civil war they couldn't explain. There is a house on an old military base near Norfolk, VA. I forget the name. I was there a long time ago on a tour of the base. I remember that the gov't had to stop putting families in one specific house. Every family that was assigned there had problems Furniture moved, Kids in particular were hit and scratched. I have never seen anything but I've been places where the hair on my neck stood up for no reason. Who knows. Hope I never find out.

My daughter used to say some creepy stuff when she was like 1.5-3.5 years old. I brought her into the basement of our new to us home she was probably a little over two and kept telling me to shhhh and she was listening to the concrete foundation I asked her what she was doing and she said there’s sad people under the house and they are yelling at her. She’s had a few “people” in her room with names she’d never heard before. Kids say weird shit. Once she hit 4 it all stopped and she hasn’t said anything since then, but a couple months ago my wife was in the kitchen my son was on my lap and my daughter was throwing something away in the trash in the pantry door she shut it and the cabinet door above her flung open and her school lunchbox fell on her head. Originally I couldn’t explain it but thinking about it and the way my wife puts stuff away she probably tossed it up in the air and slammed the door shut and it was leaning on the door, and when the pantry shut it was just enough to open the door and fall out. I have a 50/50 shot of chicken nuggets falling on my feet opening the freezer door...
The veil is very thin for babies and toddlers. 4-5 years old is usually when our earliest memories are and its not a coincidence that the weird shit like that that they say and do stops at that age. Some psychologists argue that humans arent fully conscious until around 5 which is why we can't remember anything from before then. Freaky shit.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

lyingflatlander

Lil-Rokslider
Yep, I work in a hospital too. Weird shit happens randomly all the time, but how much stock do you want to put in it? I’m pretty mellow and hate people with attention seeking behavior. Everyone seems to have a story or two. For example, we have automated sinks in the sub-sterile space in the O.R. Or the toilets in the john. You know hold your hand in front of them and they turn on. That shit randomly will go off on you some nights. I’m not saying it’s related to anything, but when it happens you about stain your shorts because you don’t expect it. Occasionally you see things out of the corner of your eye that makes you pause and think for a moment.
Our hospital is 100 years old. Supposedly there’s a spirit in the basement and most occurrences are related to him. Met a retired maintenance guy who worked down there in the 60’s through the 80’s who came through as a patient. I asked him, “so is the basement haunted?” He replied without thinking about it, “yes”. Of course we said “tell us something” to the answer of “there’s not enough time to get through it all”.
Things happen, I just don’t go out of my way to remember anything and shrug it off. I do think that there is energy or a presence after a loved relative passes away. I’ll give my best example. My grandma passed a decade ago. It was a cold, dark rainy late April day on the day of her funeral. I drove past the old farmhouse and everything was fine. I arrive to the service and were family so were all sitting in the front of church. About half way through the service I look over my shoulder and theres an older couple a few rows back and in the adjacent line of church pews. They are wearing similar attire my grandparents wore on special occasions and look similar to my grandparents in age and in their general look and are sitting alone. Kind of like on that episode of Seinfeld when they picked the actors to play cosmo Kramer and George and George claimed the dude didn’t look anything like him. Weird but not extraordinary. Anyways I look again before the end of service and they’re gone. Ok, weird but not extraordinary. So after potluck in the church basement we all decide to head to the farm. On arrival there’s a large box elder next to the house that blew over. Well it’s a windy day... Except my grandma always wanted that tree gone. When my grandpa died the tree was shaped like a V and half of it blew down. My grandma wanted my dad to cut it down but my dad said, “well Ma it’s kind of like you and Pa, half of you are still here and half is gone, besides on the southwestern corner of the house it will shade you in the summertime.” Ok, coincidence not a big deal...
So we all go inside and talk and carry on like we always did and serve the remaining potluck for supper. Since all the aunts, uncles and cousins are there they start to ask for stories. “What was your favorite Christmas memory at Grandma and Grandpa’s house.” The stories go around the room and get to my cousin Renee. “Well I make dumplings like Grandma did on Christmas day and their so good”. No sooner then it came out of her mouth one of the lights on the chandelier above the dining table we were all gathered around became intensely bright and exploded. I’m 47 years old, I have still never seen a lone bulb on a 4 bulb chandelier become intensely bright or have any lightbulb explode in my entire life other than that one.

RAS

FNG
If a soul exists, when you die, your body can't exist without a soul, so it doesn't seem to follow that a soul could exist without a body.

Ghost-ish story

My dad is 60 and grew up on land his family has owned since it was homesteaded in nebraska. The farm was kept in the family until 2001 when my grandma sold it. All my grandparents kids (dad, 2 uncle's, and an aunt) talk about "the ghost car". When my dad's grast grand parents built the house that is still standing, on the place the driveway came straight off the road and ran east to the north of the house until it got past the house and then it curled south and back west to come up to the house from the back side.

When my grandparents (dad's folks) took over the farm the shelter belt had grown up north of the house and it was a pain to drive down and around the whole shelter belt. . . So grandpa who operated a dozer for a living, moved the road to come straight off the road until the start of the shelter belt, then swing south of the shelter belt and come right to the house. Due to the hight of the shelter belt and the position of the house you couldn't see who was coming until they came south around the end of the shelter belt. . .

All of my dad's family talk about the few years after they changed the driveway, once or twice a month, always right at dusk they would hear a car turn of the count road, come down the lane, and drive along the north side of the trees and not down the new road.

They claim you could hear the motor, hear the creak of the vehicle moving, and could hear the tires on gravel. . . But there was no gravel and grandpa scooped most of it up for the new road and then tore up the old road bed to plant more trees, and the sound would move by and die out with no vehicle emerging beyond the shelter belt.

As kids they would run out to see anyone driving down the lane just to see who it was as soon as they came into view. . . When this would happen and they walked back in without reporting who had arrived, my grandma would just say "ghost car?" And they would nod and go about their business like nothing unusual had occurred.

Weird story but they all four swear by it and when my grandma was alive she would say the same thing. . .

Smallie

Lil-Rokslider
I have had a lot of ghost experiences and I believe some people are just more sensitive to it than others. My mom and I have seen figures moving throughout the house I grew up in and my dad was completely oblivious to it. The first time I ever had an experience I was about 8 years old. My godfather had passed away that day and as I was falling asleep I thought my mom walked in the room to tuck me in like she always did. I rolled over expecting to see the door open and it was closed. Looked directly to my right and there was my godfather clear as day kneeling next my bed with his hands folded like he was praying bedside. I can still see every wrinkle on his forehead. I was frozen and didn’t know what to do. I told my mom years later about that experience and she had a very similar experience happen to her the night her mom passed away

I believe people have vivid imaginations, which makes things fun......but no, life after death is just not scientifically possible, sorry.

grfox92

WKR
A lot of ghostly things happened in my house in NY. Built in 1932. But one of them stands out amongst the rest.

My wife was taking pictures of our cat who was laying on our bed. She snapped about 7 pictures that all have a timestamp within the same minute. In the middle of the "photo shoot" the cat snapped her head up looking in the doorway behind my wife as if someone walked up. My wife looked behind her and no one was there. She snapped a few more pictures and didn't think anything of it until later.

The first picture is the same as the ones before it. The second picture you can see the cat is focused on something else as she was in the first pictures. That's the point where she snapped her head up towards the door.

Zoom I to the reflection of the doorway in the window behind the cat. There is a clear....something in the door way that wasn't in any of the pictures before the cat diverted it's attention to that direction.

I've showed the picture to alot of people. Most see a woman in a white gown and some can make out a face or skull. Some people started crying after seeing the picture. But everyone is freaked out. Not saying it was a ghost. But it's not photo shopped, nothing moved or changed in the seconds between the picture and no one else was home.

I don't know if it's a ghost.....but what else could it be?
fdbf7b4349ab9d934909acdd9d621ce8.jpg
ce36c2f0c2037fd2347d704fafa216ae.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I see something but it sure doesn’t look like a person or a skull. Maybe that is just me though.

looks like what ever it is was on the left of the window reflection in the first pic and moved to the middle.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
A lot of ghostly things happened in my house in NY. Built in 1932. But one of them stands out amongst the rest.

My wife was taking pictures of our cat who was laying on our bed. She snapped about 7 pictures that all have a timestamp within the same minute. In the middle of the "photo shoot" the cat snapped her head up looking in the doorway behind my wife as if someone walked up. My wife looked behind her and no one was there. She snapped a few more pictures and didn't think anything of it until later.

The first picture is the same as the ones before it. The second picture you can see the cat is focused on something else as she was in the first pictures. That's the point where she snapped her head up towards the door.

Zoom I to the reflection of the doorway in the window behind the cat. There is a clear....something in the door way that wasn't in any of the pictures before the cat diverted it's attention to that direction.

I've showed the picture to alot of people. Most see a woman in a white gown and some can make out a face or skull. Some people started crying after seeing the picture. But everyone is freaked out. Not saying it was a ghost. But it's not photo shopped, nothing moved or changed in the seconds between the picture and no one else was home.

I don't know if it's a ghost.....but what else could it be?
fdbf7b4349ab9d934909acdd9d621ce8.jpg
ce36c2f0c2037fd2347d704fafa216ae.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

That’s ****** up dude.

grog24

Lil-Rokslider
Yes they’re very real. PM if you’re serious and want help/advice. Posted this publicly because the offer stands for anyone else who sees this and is having issues.

OP
Ratbeetle

Ratbeetle

WKR
Yes they’re very real. PM if you’re serious and want help/advice. Posted this publicly because the offer stands for anyone else who sees this and is having issues.
Appreciate the offer but things are still normal here. I guess I just needed to start a thread on it...