Do you carry a seat/stool when you hunt?

I keep a Hillsound BTR in my pack. Sometimes the best place to setup isn’t friendly to hanging a stand (I saddle hunt). If I haven’t already identified the tree I’ll be in when going into an area, the stool is definitely with me.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Really depends on the hunt, whether or not I’m taking my Big Agnes Skyline UL chair.

Leaving Thursday afternoon for coues deer hunting here in AZ. It’s coming on that trip.

OP
M

Macchina

Lil-Rokslider
I've tried stool, big Agnes stool and hellinox chair. Hellinox is way more comfortable with the back rest for long sits. You can also draw a bow out of it. I had issues this year with the feet sinking in wet ground but they have balls that go on the feet you can get or I was thinking of getting tennis balls and cut holes for the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I have a Helinox Chair Zero and carried it a few times, but all that setup time and noise was a hinderance to me. I find the ease of pulling a stool out to much easier. I might sit 6 different times in a day-long hunt and the 3-legged stools are so fast for that.

When I'm going lightweight, an inflatable seat pad is a Godsend!

lonedave

WKR
Just took delivery on a pair of the packable chairs from camptime. Very lightweight. $25 and USA made. They have a few bigger / more comfortable options.
https://www.camptime.com/collections/stools
$6 3 day shipping to Tx.
Thanks for the link....I'm going to have to buy one of those. I love the price, the weight, and they're made in the USA less than 150 miles from where I live....Win, Win, Win!

For the tent I like tripod vs seat. Easy to fit in tight spots. I have light chairs too but prefer the small tripod for the way I can move around and not simply sit back and relax like in a chair.

17 inch one that outdoorsman sells (they run sales sometimes). Hillsound BTR. Good warranty too, which is good because these little things weigh less than a pound and will break (so I have heard. I’ve used mine for 50 days in the field this year and going strong)

My knees go straight out instead of smaller one which places you in a crouch and makes getting up tougher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macintosh

WKR
Not so much for archery, but for rifle, ML and turkey hunting when we get crunchy conditions and still hunting is tough, I greatly prefer a crazy creek chair. Does anyone know of one that is a low-vis color (especially for turkey hunting)? Last I checked it was bright hiking colors or the alpz outdoors ones that had been discontinued?

I still have my 9.99 folding stool from Bass Pro from 6 years ago. Thought it would break after one or two uses. I’m sure it’s not “ultra light”, but I can’t even feel the weight of it in my pack

TomJoad

WKR
Plus 1 for Helinox Zero which is only 1lb 2 oz and super comfy for what it is. This is for backpack hunting elk and muleys, totally worth the weight for me for, glassing, sitting meadows and end of the day in the tee pee after hard miles. One of the few splurge items in my kit.

Therm-a-rest Z Seat. It tucks into the bottom of your pack and at only 2 oz you will not even notice it is there. It's a life saver to separate yourself from the mountain during extended glassing sessions.

zhoward1

FNG
I always carry a hot seat to the stand. If I’m setting up a blind I’ll carry in a soft chair with back support.

hh76

Lil-Rokslider
Depending on how long I'm going to sit I carry different options. If I know it's going to be hours, I'll carry my Helinox (knock off brand). If it's a long, walking and occasional sits, I like the lightweight stool.

I've gone without with the intention of sitting on the ground, and it rarely works out. I find the spot I want to be in, but can't find a spot to sit where I can see over the low brush. Also, if on the stool, it's a lot easier to stand up when you need to reposition for an unexpected shot opportunity.

rclouse79

WKR
I do usually carry a stool. My current favorite is from "Outdoorsman" and is called "BTR" (Better Than a Rock). "Hillsound BTR Stool". I like the taller 17" version and it is light weight, collapsible,and folds up. Great for glassing and making sits more comfortable.

I usually just bring a small foldable foam pad, but I could see making an impulse purchase on this. My buddy brought a helinox chair on a hunt we rented llamas for, and I have to say I was jealous watching him glass out of it.

drra

FNG
I have a CLIQ chair (light and compact) that I pack in with me nearly all the time. I really like to have the back support.