Do you carry another tag also?

Luked

WKR
The unit we are planning to hunt we can also buy a Bear tag.
it isnt a lot of extra coin but the harvest stats are pretty low.
Would you carry a bear tag along with your elk tag also?
Think the bear tag is like $103. seems to me like its at least a possiblility so why not get one.
What do you all think.

I love hunting bears, as a matter of fact, it may be my favorite species as of late, but I have never killed one while elk hunting. I can't tell you how many i've passed up over the years. I just don't feel like dealing with them during an elk hunt. It's a pain! If you're elk hunting you've probably just killed 3 days off your hunt along with a trip to check it in.

BUT>>>>>>>>>> by all means get a tag, and shoot one off your dead elk carcass!

Dunndm

WKR
I look at it like this personally: if your out there, see no elk sign, your down on your luck and all of a sudden you see any other hunt-able species. Why not? I always buy extra tags especially if it’s only 100$ or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jzeblaz

Lil-Rokslider
I would and do. I filled my bear tag on opening day of deer season, last Saturday. We have a lot of bears and I figure I'm doing my part as we haven't been seen the deer numbers we've seen in years past. Probably a lot of reasons for that, but predation is part of it for sure.

I look at it like this personally: if your out there, see no elk sign, your down on your luck and all of a sudden you see any other hunt-able species. Why not? I always buy extra tags especially if it’s only 100$ or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you’re not seeing elk sign then you REALLY need all of the time you can get and shouldn’t be wasting it on a bear. You’re giving up on your elk hunt! Yikes! 😬 I’ve killed bulls on the first day and the last and everything in between. If I ever go home with an unpunched elk tag I won’t want to be saying “I sure could’ve used those 2 or 3 days” Screw that!

I….. am an elk hunter. Focus!

Ron.C

Lil-Rokslider
To each his own. Do what you think is best for you. Your Hunt, Your expectations, your memories.

You want to take a bear given the opportunity, do it.

You want to spend every second trying to get an elk even it it means going home without cutting any tags, that's fine too

I’d rather have a wolf tag. That’s something I’d burn a couple hours on.

There’s no such thing as wasting time looking for elk. Even if it’s next year’s elk!

You won’t catch an elk trying to come into your bear carcass. Lol

048A257B-765F-416B-9902-E72D91B80909.jpegB5D2BE1E-3CE3-4E4F-8623-1E7C7B1A6FB2.jpeg

Last edited: