Do you feel your spring hunts slipping away?

After listening to the latest speech from the president, I feel like walls in each state will be going up and we will be sitting on the side lines! Its like each state is it's own little country right now. There is so much panic and political flexing going on I'm not looking forward to what's about to happen.

KS announced anyone coming from Colorado should quarantine.

Another neighboring state just cancelled an important event for another 2 weeks.

A rancher in KS who lets me turkey hunt on or near his place told me a guy delivering goods got pulled over driving a flat bed from CO.

I don't know about you guys, with the economy the way it is, all this panic, I feel like a out of state license is like pissing money away and who knows if you will be able to use it this spring.

Smid

WKR
I have a hog hunt planned for the last weekend of April. Already have the flight/hotel/rental car paid for, sure hoping it doesn’t get cancelled

I am still going turkey hunting in my back yard in a couple weeks. Wouldn't want to be headed out of state. Hang in there, things will get better.

fatlander

WKR
Save your time off and money on spring tags for the fall if you haven’t spent it. Plane tickets for September are mighty cheap right now, with trip insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheGreek

Lil-Rokslider
I’m expecting to miss out on most of my spring turkey season and don’t see me Montana spring bear hunt happening at this point either.

fishdart

Lil-Rokslider
I'm probably going to ADD some spring hunting. I'll get in some woodchuck hunting that I normally wouldn't do as well as purchase my state's 2nd spring gobbler tag. I can't send my boy to school, so we're going to socially-distance in the out-of-doors a little bit more.

137buck

Lil-Rokslider
Our governor here in Montana gave the order that anyone arriving here, must self quarantine for two weeks and they're strongly advising against any non commercial travel here, so plan accordingly.
I’m expecting to miss out on most of my spring turkey season and don’t see me Montana spring bear hunt happening at this point either.

Looks like Nebraska has quit selling nonresident turkey tags. I had not bought mine yet...

Pretty well wrecks my spring hunting plan.

jfs82

WKR
Likely won't get out for turkey in CA, but mainly due to not being able to have anyone to watch my four year old due to this. Still holding out hope!

Hunting in BC is still open with a few minor guidelines and closed Rec sites across the province. Hoping it stays that way.

I'll still be spring bear hunting. Feel bad for my 10 year old son though, we had planned on trying to get him his first bear this spring but I'm a bowhunter only, don't even own a rifle so the plan was to tag along with a friend and he would use their 243 as I can't legally borrow it and supervise him. BC released these guidelines the other day though which essentially rules out that possibility...also the word "locally" is pretty subjective in my opinion, my hunting spot is a 3.5hr drive away but BC is a huge province, in my opinion that's still pretty local but not sure how our conservation officers are defining local.

• Only fish and hunt with members of your family or others you are living with.
  • Maintain physical distancing (2 metres or 6 feet) from other individuals you come across.
  • Do not share vehicles with individuals outside of your family or others you are living with.
  • Fish and hunt locally.

BC released these guidelines the other day though which essentially rules out that possibility...also the word "locally" is pretty subjective in my opinion, my hunting spot is a 3.5hr drive away but BC is a huge province, in my opinion that's still pretty local but not sure how our conservation officers are defining local.
I have the same subjectivity thought. AK hasn’t released guidelines yet but I assume they will be similar. My spot is a 2.5 hour drive and I can easily make it there and back on one tank. A 2.5 hour drive in AK is pretty local in the grand scheme of things. We shall see

Logan80

Lil-Rokslider
From what I understand the Spring Bear hunt and Youth Turkey hunt here in Washington State are both cancelled. It really sucks for those that put in for a spring bear tag and got drawn, only to lose their chance due to all this.

Pigskin

FNG
Was starting to plan a bear hunt when the crap hit the fan........that’s over.