Do you have confidence in electronic targets for zeroing?

I'll go ahead and say that I do not, but maybe it's all in my head. We have a 100 yard state run range here in GA that uses electronic targets, and I have given up trying to get accurate feedback from those targets, as a confirmed zeroed rifle will walk all around the target in ways that make no sense. Yesterday, I went to a massive shooting complex (CMP in Talladega, AL) that hosts national competitions and has state of the art electronic targets that I assumed would be much more well maintained and calibrated. And again, a zeroed rifle on the 100 yard range walked all around the target and I burned a bunch of ammo just trying to get an MOA-ish group around the bullseye. The guy next to me also said that his tack driver of a rifle seemed to be shooting all over the place vs. his last session on paper. I normally zero rifles at an indoor 100 yard range on paper, and never have much of an issue dialing and getting my shots into tight groups that seem to follow some sort of logic.

A few possibilities here:
  1. The electronic targets work just fine, and my shooting technique at these ranges sucks for whatever reason.
  2. The electronic targets work just fine, and my perception of shot spreads is thrown off by the non-literal scale that I see on the screen.
  3. The electronic targets aren't providing accurate feedback.
Needless to say, I'll be making an emergency trip to the paper target range the day before I leave for my elk trip, because I now completely doubt my zero after shooting electronic targets yesterday.

Have any of you guys shot at fancy electronic target ranges and found the targets to be accurate enough to earn your confidence?