Do you know a good game processor in Kemmerer or Evanston WY?

We are planning an antelope hunt near Kemmerer WY. Do you know of a good meat processor in Kemmerer to cut and wrap our antelope? If not we could possibly travel to Evanston which is a bit further away.

We will also be hunting deer in Utah prior to that hunt and would like to drop the deer off for processing before heading out for antelope. Is there any problem bringing unprocessed game in from Utah, less the spinal tract to prevent chronic wasting disease issues. Thanks!

2rocky

WKR
Never used them but here are some starting points. I'd give each of them a call.

The Butcher Shop
30 3rd St, Rock Springs, WY 82901
307-362-2755

R & B Meats & Catering
515 E 2nd N St, Green River, WY
(307) 875-2556

Henderson Meat Processing
70 N 1st West St, Green River, WY
(307) 875-7611
Henderson Meat Processing
39139 Interstate 80 Business, Fort Bridger, WY
(307) 786-4577

dcestnik

Lil-Rokslider
sreekers is correct on the Green River shop. Never took an animal to them but a lot of guys I knew raved about them.

OP
Umpqua Hunter
Thanks a bunch guys. I'll write R&B Meats down for future reference, but for this trip I really need to find something a bit closer to Kemmerer. Green River is about an hour and a quarter (2.5 hours round trip) in the wrong direction for me.

2rocky

WKR
I know I was surprised at the lack of custom cut and wrap places. I would expect Kemmerer to have something but couldn't find anything myself. I'm north of theree for elk, and R&B was where folks planned to go until we found someone who was new and local and already had more work than they wanted. i'd call a gun shop in Kemmerer to see if there are any word of mouth places. Anything under 3 hour round trip would be a go for me...

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
A LOT of my friends use R&B, and they seem to have the most fair prices. I have used the butcher shop quite a bit, and they are a bit more expensive but what it usually comes down to is I don't have time to run to GR after I get the meat home. I usually don't have time to process it myself either, as much as I would rather just do that.

There might be a place in Kemerrer, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if there isn't.

OP
Umpqua Hunter
2rocky, that was a good idea about calling the gun shops. I talked to a couple archery shops in Kemmerer. There is apparently a guy who opens up seasonally in Kemmerer and I am trying to run that lead down. They also mentioned High Country Meat Cutting in Mountain View which is only about 30 miles from where we will be hunting, so that looks super promising.

JP7

Lil-Rokslider
High Country Meats in Mountain View is a good place, plus it is a little bit closer than Evanston and considerably closer than Green River. Unfortunately Kemmerer doesn't have a gun shop to call for advice but there are two archery shops.

Hey guys I know this is an old post but would just like to say that R&B Meats and Catering did a great job on my elk. They were extremely kind, weighed everything out for my trip to the airport so there were no surprises at the baggage check and just generally put me at ease. They charged me an extra $50 for a rush job but was totally worth it, after 2-3 hours of waiting in Green River they gave me a call and said it was done.

(I was searching "Kemmerer area meat processors" on google and this thread came up while I was in town. I am not saying the other processors are not good but I only have good things to say about RB.)