Do you use a stabilizer on you backcountry bow?

12" b stinger. It's makes a difference. Accuracy is important when it comes to animals. For the guys that said it made no difference curious as to if you tried a real stab like a b stinger? Most of the supposed "stabs" on the market don't actually stabilize. A real stab like a b stinger will improve your shooting. I would bet

I tried a Stokerized with an offset. I could shoot just as well without it, so I sold it. Here are three shots at 80 yards, without it. I am certainly not the best shot in the world, but I'm not the worst, either.

I am not against stabilizers; I am going to try a few different models with my new Spyder to see if I would benefit from one. But when I am shooting a lot, my bow is super steady.

Attachments

• IMG00149-20110314-1200.jpg
    IMG00149-20110314-1200.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
I tried a Stokerized with an offset. I could shoot just as well without it, so I sold it. Here are three shots at 80 yards, without it. I am certainly not the best shot in the world, but I'm not the worst, either.

I am not against stabilizers; I am going to try a few different models with my new Spyder to see if I would benefit from one. But when I am shooting a lot, my bow is super steady.

Yea that's good shooting. It's all personal and an individual thing. I would try a b stinger I you get the chance. I would like to give up a long stab on my bow but dot want to give up the tight groups. I can shoot pretty good without a stab, but my groups are slightly tigher with the b stinger. But that is me and my set up.

ckleeves

WKR
I'm kinda back and forth on this. I shoot better with a "real" stabilizer, but for hunting I really don't like the extra weight so I just use a 6" carbon blade which I don't really consider much of a stabilizer. I'm not really into long range bow hunting though I really prefer to keep it inside 50 and I can shoot fine with a little stab at those distances.

Danielboone

Lil-Rokslider
Groups don't matter much for hunting. Obviously you want good groups when you are tuning and practicing, but when it's time to go on a hunting trip, I only practice one arrow at a time and won't shoot another until an hour or so later. It gets you to focus on that one shot you might get and make it count. At least that's what I do.

6t4nova

WKR

Looks like the bowman range. You a member out there?

Groups don't matter much for hunting. Obviously you want good groups when you are tuning and practicing, but when it's time to go on a hunting trip, I only practice one arrow at a time and won't shoot another until an hour or so later. It gets you to focus on that one shot you might get and make it count. At least that's what I do.

Correct. But groups tell me that I am consistent and executing. That my one arrow will hit in the say place. I could care less about a target, but an animal deserves a perfect shot in my opinion. When i practice I shoot 2 to 3 arrow at a time max. Accuracy is king.

Looks like the bowman range. You a member out there?

Funny. You are right! You can recognize those targets anywhere :) I am not a member, because I only get out there a few times per year, now that I have a range right here in Highlands Ranch. I just pay the $5 guest fee when I go.

Yea that's good shooting. It's all personal and an individual thing. I would try a b stinger I you get the chance. I would like to give up a long stab on my bow but dot want to give up the tight groups. I can shoot pretty good without a stab, but my groups are slightly tigher with the b stinger. But that is me and my set up.

Honestly, I am really eager to try a B Stinger. I love hearing so many here on Rokslide share their experiences with it! Would you recommend the new Hunter model (whatever it's called) or the older Hunter Pro model?

6t4nova

WKR
Funny. You are right! You can recognize those targets anywhere :) I am not a member, because I only get out there a few times per year, now that I have a range right here in Highlands Ranch. I just pay the $5 guest fee when I go.

Ha! Can recognize those things from a mile away. I was a member out there but decided not to rejoin. I shot at the highlands ranch range quite a bit last year. Not sure that I will rejoin though as I don't live in HR so it's a lot more $$$ for me to join.

Last edited:
Ha up! Can recognize those things from a mile away. I was a member out there but decided not to rejoin. I shot at the highlands ranch range quite a bit last year. Not sure that I will rejoin though as I don't live in HR so it's a lot more $$$ for me to join.

I see. It is only 5 minutes from my house, so it is a perfect range for me, and only $35 per season. I do wish it was open year round, though. I can go shoot there and then run on the trails that pass right by the range. It's makes for a great "hunting" type workout!

I have a 12" b stinger also. Could definitely tell it helped tighten my groups at 70+ yards.

vcb

WKR
Honestly, I am really eager to try a B Stinger. I love hearing so many here on Rokslide share their experiences with it! Would you recommend the new Hunter model (whatever it's called) or the older Hunter Pro model?
64, I have both models. The biggest difference is the new model...sport hunter extreme has 4 little disc weights that you can experiment with how many you want on. The older pro hunters I like a lot but you have to buy the different weights separately. The new model tries to tackle both stabilization and vibration where the old pro hunters are a stabilizer only

64, I have both models. The biggest difference is the new model...sport hunter extreme has 4 little disc weights that you can experiment with how many you want on. The older pro hunters I like a lot but you have to buy the different weights separately. The new model tries to tackle both stabilization and vibration where the old pro hunters are a stabilizer only

Thanks vcb. That is really helpful.

AGPank

WKR
I am using the Doinker Tactical on my hunting setup. I hunt with a quiver and this setup helps eliminate the torque in my grip.

garrickt

Lil-Rokslider
Here's mine.

I use Dead Center Stabs. 6" in the front, 8 off the side. It makes it just a touch front heavy in my hand. I have found that I hold much more steady than just running a front stab.

Attachments

• DSCF0132.jpg
    DSCF0132.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 49
I have both as well. I think the old ones work better. But I don't think you could go wrong with either. Vibration comes from strings,cables, and limbs. Tackle noise and vibration their and let the stab do the stabilizing!

12" b stinger. It's makes a difference. Accuracy is important when it comes to animals. For the guys that said it made no difference curious as to if you tried a real stab like a b stinger? Most of the supposed "stabs" on the market don't actually stabilize. A real stab like a b stinger will improve your shooting. I would bet

Here is my 100 yd 3 arrow group w/ Element RKT and Injexions w/o my stabilizers.

http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc422/EAGLEbowHUNTER10X/IMG_1978_zps677369f3.jpg

I was running 10" B Stinger in front and a 6" b stinger side before I removed them.

Correct. But groups tell me that I am consistent and executing. That my one arrow will hit in the say place. I could care less about a target, but an animal deserves a perfect shot in my opinion. When i practice I shoot 2 to 3 arrow at a time max. Accuracy is king.

Well said Justin!! Couldn't have put it any better!! The only time that I am shooting only one arrow at a time is when I am broadhead shooting because arrows are too expensive to be ruining with a broadhead.