Do you use a Wind/Weather Meter?

If so which one and what do you like/dislike about it? Im looking at getting a Kestrel 5500 but wondering if there is a better option for the money out there?

Broz

WKR
I have always used good ole Kestrel 2500's and 3500's. Simple and effective. But I am really looking at the New Kestrel 5700 with applied ballistics. Just not sure if I need to change.

Jeff

OP
huntinfool84
So for those of you using the older models without the applied ballistics what solving program are you using in conjunction with the kestrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I don't have one currently, for low/moderate winds I'm able to make a judgement call for <500yd shots and will hit within a couple inches, I will need one for farther though since that error starts to really compound.

Clarktar

WKR
I use shooter for my android device. Seems to work fine.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Haha, IOS is iPhone. For some reason AB just doesn't run the same on them and vise versa, the bullet flight doesn't run very well on android

OP
huntinfool84
Thanks guys, i bought a kestrel 5500 on its way so now it's time to play around with a few apps and find the one i like. Currently i use shooter and it has been pretty good for me but I'm sure there is something better out there. Thanks again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcr-85

WKR
I was looking into buying a kestrel but my budget was for a used older model. I havent found one so I just picked up this little device. Its called the WeatherFlow WEATHERmeter. It connects to your phone via bluetooth. It only works with their ballistic calculator app called BallisticsARC which is tied into JBM ballistics from what I've read. For full features on the app it costs $15 and the weather meter is $85.

I use Shooter usually and it has been accurate for me. I will be running them both side by side to make sure this new one will do what I need it to. It has a range finding feature with maps but I don't think you can cache the maps on your smart phone as of yet. I don't see myself needing that feature. I'm hoping it does what it's supposed to. I'll post an update after I use it a bit.

4612feab7ec27c925a15f51a465d844c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk