Docter Nobilem 15x60 ?

Rizzy

WKR
Anyone use these? They seem like an overlooked option in the world of 15X Binos.

The specs and literature make it sound like Porro Prisms are the way to go. Less layers and cheaper to build.

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
I have a pair. They are fabulous and you are right, much over-looked for some reason. I have EL's and Leicas and these perform as well.

eagle#eyes

Lil-Rokslider
At the time I didn't have anything to compare them to, but we had glassed up a heard of javi's using them from about 1 to 1.5 miles. The owner said he has never had any complaints.

RyanC

WKR
I went coues hunting for the first time this last fall down here in AZ. The three guys I went with grew up down here and live for hunting these whitetail. Two of the guys I was with had Swarovski SLC 15x56s and another guy had a pair of the Doctor 15x60s. I had never even heard of Doctors but let me tell you…..they are good glass! I spent a day behind the Swarovski's which are great glass and a day behind the Doctors and I could not tell that much of a difference between the two except that the Doctors are really big and not something you want to pack around very far….but I agree with you, a much overlooked piece of glass!!

OP
Rizzy

Rizzy

WKR
Encouraging responses so far. Any known durability issues?

I'm strongly considering giving them a try this season. I have 8X that I hunt with and can fall back on when I need to cut weight. 15X will mainly be for scouting certain areas.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I've never held a pair but have heard good things about them. Seems like the Southwest guys- AZ strip/Henrys/S. Utah- guys like them.

Blackcow

WKR
They're great glass. Even better, possibly the best 15's I've looked through, are the Zeiss 15x60BGAT. Unfortunately no longer made. But they are both rather bulky.