Doe Whitetail & Pronghorn Combo- where to find Whitetail near Laramie?

Hi all,

I drew a pronghorn doe and also white-tailed deer doe tags right near Laramie. If anyone has any suggestions on where to hunt either Public or Private for WT deer Does near Laramie, please PM me. I'm heading out next week and while I did some research, placed calls etc, most of what I was told was ask around at certain places once I am there and they will help out. I'd like to have a fall back plan or at least hear from someone who's done it.

Thanks!

KHNC

WKR
I have not seen many WT around Laramie. Plenty of doe antelope for sure tho.

wytx

WKR
We have 'em, just not in great numbers. Depends on the area for the tag.
I have a 150" whitetail buck from west of town.

Rich M

WKR
Antelope will be easy to figure out.

For whitetails look for cottonwood trees/creek bottoms.

Have fun.

OP
T
Thank you wytx, PM received and answered. KHNC and Rich M, good to know, appreciate your feedback.

Thanks gents.

OP
T
We had a good time. Even better when we did a family trip to Cody, Yellowstone and Grand Tetons.

Lots of hunting pressure during second season, type 2 hunt near Laramie. Antelope were very aware of us. I would likely avoid type 2 hunts in the future. The moment that we opened the door to the SUV, they were on high alert and started to trot away or run. There were antelope ribcage carcasses strewn about the roadsides so it was obvious that a lot had been shot the previous week.

Still, we managed to involve our young children and with considerable effort, got a small Pronghorn Antelope buck and doe.

Not so lucky on the WT deer does but most of the lands were private and we had limited time, a few more days and asking around would have likely worked.

Road trip and Yellowstone pretty amazing. Beautiful state. Thank you for your help!