Does anybody have experience with a inflatable jet boats?

Elite

Well Known Rokslider
Wondering if anyone has real world experience with the solar and strihz jet boats? Looks like they take them some crazy places from the videos on YouTube. Looking for a boat that can run skinny and shallow water and get some places for Hunting and exploring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mt Al

Well Known Rokslider
Admission: I personally do not. However, I have a 15' KaBoat and a few people have put 20hp jets on them. Mine has an old 20hp Merc, not good for shallow anything.

They're like a skinny Zodiac-style and they go in stupid shallow water with a jet. If you google search "KaBoat XL with Jet" or something like that, you'll see a few examples. Beachbunny's mention of the alaska supersite will come up. From what I understand, it takes some time to tune the trim and height - and you have to make your own jack plate.

thinhorn_AK

Well Known Rokslider
I’ve ridden in a kaboat with a small jet motor. It was pretty sweet actually.

Dust Rider

Well Known Rokslider
Check out the web site Mean Chicken. It’s for jet boating and there is a whole section on inflatable boats running small jets. A 12’ Zodiac with a 18 hp short shaft 2 stroke will go pretty skinny and are fun if the weight is kept down.
Edit: my 18hp is a prop not a jet head. You loose about 30% of total HP when converting from prop to jet head.
My river boat is a 20’ Wooldridge Alaskan II with a 225 HP Mercury outboard jet 2 stroke.

Last edited:

fatbacks

Well Known Rokslider
Wondering if anyone has real world experience with the solar and strihz jet boats? Looks like they take them some crazy places from the videos on YouTube. Looking for a boat that can run skinny and shallow water and get some places for Hunting and exploring

I have a solar 420 with an old Johnson 2 stroke outboard jet. Kinda like a super cub - You can go a lot of places that are hard to get into, but you ain’t going anywhere fast. I’m sure I could drop a bigger outboard on there but then I couldn’t set it up by myself.

If I was going to do a long range trip with it I would want one boat for every guy and their gear and animals (this is referring to the small 420). I set mine up with a rowing frame so I could float hunt as well.

Lastly, I wonder if solar boats will keep showing up in America. I think they’re made in Russia and not sure if any sanctions will affect them

c04194ec619ae2564044339be7d3a55c.jpg

Dust Rider

Well Known Rokslider
I have a solar 420 with an old Johnson 2 stroke outboard jet. Kinda like a super cub - You can go a lot of places that are hard to get into, but you ain’t going anywhere fast. I’m sure I could drop a bigger outboard on there but then I couldn’t set it up by myself.

If I was going to do a long range trip with it I would want one boat for every guy and their gear and animals (this is referring to the small 420). I set mine up with a rowing frame so I could float hunt as well.

Lastly, I wonder if solar boats will keep showing up in America. I think they’re made in Russia and not sure if any sanctions will affect them

c04194ec619ae2564044339be7d3a55c.jpg

That is a sweet set up with the rowing frame!