Does anybody make a good orange vest?

Anybody know of a good orange vest?

Seems like with all of the clothing proliferation in the past few years, a decent orange vest has been neglected.

First Lite and Kuiu don't make one. Sitka does, but its $100 and one of the reviews on their website say it is noisy (plus it weighs nearly a pound).

I would think that if some company came up with lightweight, quiet, durable vest with a couple good pockets and maybe a pattern to it (I hate solid orange - even if animals can't see color I swear it is more noticeable) it would sell pretty well.

If one is out there, I'd love to know about it.

Dameon

WKR
I have been eyeing the Kryptek Vesuvius vest. It is reversible with blaze on one side and Kryptek Inferno on the other, so it is 50 state legal. I actually bought it and the Kiska Inferno beanie from Black Ovis as a last minute gear upgrade before my Utah elk trip this year but had to cancel when I realized it wouldn't arrive on time. Customer service from a Black Ovis was awesome about it. The Vesuvius vest is out of stock right now, but I will be ordering it again when it comes back in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shopped around for a technical orange vest last summer.

I ended up with an under Armour version. Fairly light. Big enough to cover layers without being loose. I bought mine at dicks and think it was abut $60.

I just wear the cheap orange mesh ones with expandable sides that cost $5. One on me and one on my pack. I can use all my normal clothes that way.

Tried Orange Aglow this season (vest and Velcro on patches with reflective tabs) for my kids and it worked great. Lightweight and well made.

danarnold

WKR
I had a Browning vest that I liked pretty good, has a zipper and wasn't light or inexpensive, lost it somehow...
this year I used el-cheepo with the temps from 20-70* it worked fine, I'm considering the Sitka one at the moment

Elkfever

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the lightweight orange vest from UA. Light, dries quick and two good pockets. Not too expensive either.

halg

Lil-Rokslider
This year I picked up a cabelas pro guide vest that I'm really loving. Napoleon pocket on left chest, dual dump and hand warmer pockets (fleece lined ), and a great big Mongo pocket on the back that can hold a puffy and rain gear. It's available in solid blaze or blaze camo. Blocks wind well, seems to shed light rain well. Might be warm for hot weather.

Things I don't like about it: closes with snaps instead of zipper. No big deal, I just like zippers better.

It has elastic loops for shotgun shells in the right dump pocket and rifle shells in the left. I wish the one on the right was for rifle shells. I put one in that pocket with safety pins.

No dedicated place for water bottle, but you can figure it out.

Pretty quiet. Love this vest, overall. The pack pocket expands to replace big compartment on a day pack. The dump pockets are big enough for sandwiches, calls, etc. Fairly quiet, but not fleece. Seems will made and burly.

I picked up the blaze camo one on for $65,the solid blaze is about $55 online right now.

I world definitely give this a look.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
All a hunting blaze orange vest or jacket has to do is be hunter orange and make you legal. So I don't see a big need for anything special. I have a Remington brand poly vest that fits over all my other clothes and I'm legal. It was less than $20.

OP
belly-deep
All a hunting blaze orange vest or jacket has to do is be hunter orange and make you legal. So I don't see a big need for anything special. I have a Remington brand poly vest that fits over all my other clothes and I'm legal. It was less than $20.

Is that all? Good to know. I suppose all a gun has to do is shoot too. Maybe I should sell my Kimber and buy Mosin-Nagant and a pair of $40 Bushnell binos. Heck I'm making this stuff way to hard I guess.

Seriously though, I've owned a few vests. It seems like they are either made for Mr. Cabelas with a bunch of unnecessary pockets and crap or they are lightweight but made of cheap material and oddly cut.