Does anyone have experience with Mont-Bell Sleeping Bags?

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with Mont-Bell Sleeping bags and what your feedback/thoughts are on them. Thanks!

I have the 15 deg spiral down hugger UL. Its comfortable the way it stretches. I’m a side sleeper. The only other bag close to its class I have used is a Slick Bag. They are quite different but I liked the Montbell a lot more.

OP
smokingfire
I have the 15 deg spiral down hugger UL. Its comfortable the way it stretches. I’m a side sleeper. The only other bag close to its class I have used is a Slick Bag. They are quite different but I liked the Montbell a lot more.

Thanks for the feedback!

Santa

FNG
Have had a spiral down hugger for close to a decade. It's held up like a champ and is incredibly comfortable. I call it "The Tangerine Dream". I've upgraded my sleep pads numerous times over the years, but stayed with the same bag.

OP
smokingfire
Have had a spiral down hugger for close to a decade. It's held up like a champ and is incredibly comfortable. I call it "The Tangerine Dream". I've upgraded my sleep pads numerous times over the years, but stayed with the same bag.
Good to know! What is temp rating on it?

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Been using my zero degree bag for well over a decade comfy retains feathers and very light for a zero degree bag

Yep. The super stretch ones are awesome. I would rate them as just below the top tier. (valandre, western mountaineering, feathered friends).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I was a north face cats meow guy for 20 years. i read a review about their stretch seams and I light a burrow bag. The stretch is a cool feature And works as advertised. I now prefer a Nemo forte (better leg room for side sleeping but a bit heavier) but the montbell does a better job of keeping the bag tight to your body, which improves thermal efficiency. It is a good option At a great price.

tacsled

FNG
I have the down 20 degree super stretch. Had it for almost 10 years and still going strong. My go to bag for early season. Been in it down to 29 degrees or so and slept good.

Rizzy

WKR
I have a 30 degree spiral hugger, it’s good to low 30s for me. It’s been a great value so far.

Southern Lights

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Montbell Burrow Bag #3 30 degree bag synthetic. It's a great synthetic bag at a reasonable weight and rated correctly. I prefer it over my Western Mountaineering Down bag for any time I am tent camping or can't be 100% positively sure I won't get the down exposed to wet conditions. I mostly take the Montbell now regardless as the WM bag is a 15 degree rating and usually too hot and a little heavier than the Montbell 30.

If I wanted to get another down bag again I'd get the Montbell over the Western Mountaineering just based on the stretch construction and price/value. The WM is a nice bag, but I prefer the weight and less bulk of the Montbell design.