Does anyone hike with their hunting packs?

j_mcrane

FNG
Does anyone double dip and hike with their hunting bags? I live in the Canadian Rockies (Calgary) and was hoping to supplement my hiking packs with bags that could be used for hunting.

So I have a 22 litter and 65 litter osprey hiking packs. If I adde a 45 litter and 85 litter light weight hunting pack with load shelf. I’d be set.

Has anyone else done this?

I was looking at Stone glacier, exo mountain, and seek outside.

I like the mystery ranch gear but super heavy.

Any thoughts???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rodéo

WKR
I never even considered getting separate hunting and hiking bags. What I use for one I always use for the other.
I currently run a stone glacier avail 2200 on day trip hikes/hunts and I strap it onto my xcurve frame with the load cell dry bag in the load shelf for longer hunts/when I have to pack out large loads.
I have had no regrets with this setup and will be looking into adding a larger cu. inch bag to compliment my xcurve frame for those longer hunts so I can leave the avail behind.

I am also from Calgary area, I use my Stone Glacier Sky 5900 on a X-Curve frame for most of my hunting and backpacking. I also run an Avail 2200 for smaller day hikes and small game hunting.

I'd be able to meet up with ya so you can see the items in person, always nice to get your hands on something before ordering online!

Elkhntr08

WKR
Plan on taking my EXO 3500 to the new Y that just opened when the weather’s bad. Have to leave the bow and rifle at home.

Yep, my Seek Outside Goshawk and Mystery Ranch Popup 28 are used for everything. No need for an REI type pack when your hunting pack can cover offseason duties as well.

Skull10

WKR
I use my hunting pack for hiking and training, every time. Kifaru Duplex Tactical frame with an Exo 3500 attached to it.

Yup, gotta get your $$ worth. If it can do double duty do it. Also why I don't buy camo any more. I can use all my hunting clothing year " in garrison" too.....

Fedster

FNG
I only have a backpack, which is my hunting backpack (actually it is two bags -- Seek Outside Fortress 4800 or Peregrine -- and the very same frame for both). So it's not that I can ever choose another backpack.

My hunting packs are the only packs I use for all my training hikes or any backpack camping I do. For that matter, pretty much everything I use for my backpack hunts, I also use for just general backpacking/training hikes.

I use hunting packs for both, but I have them set up for day and week+ use. This way I can grab and go without having to overthink

slick

WKR
Stone Glacier as a backpacking/long climbing or long backcountry skiing bag.

I do use a 38L osprey mutant for climbing skiing biking more frequently though.

SG pulls double duty well.

EastMT

WKR
I use a cheap not as comfortable pack to train in, then a few weeks before season I change over to my good pack. After that the good pack feels like heaven and sure ups your comfort level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk