Does anyone know gate78?

TML75

Lil-Rokslider
I’m pretty sure I got scammed; does anyone know member “gate78”

Thanks

Joined 4/4, made a handful of "welcome aboard" posts over the following week, now appears to have deleted his account...I think you got scammed.

OP
T

TML75

Lil-Rokslider
He replied to a “WTB” ad. He sent pics that I believed were legit, gave me a name and address. We texted back and forth, but I haven’t heard anything in a few days. Maybe he’s busy...

He replied to a “WTB” ad. He sent pics that I believed were legit, gave me a name and address. We texted back and forth, but I haven’t heard anything in a few days. Maybe he’s busy...
Yeah that's a big red flag.

You can take the pictures people send to you and put them through a google reverse image search or tineye - its not a guarantee, but it can give you a heads up if its been posted on another forum(which is where they'll typically harvest pictures from).

Another common scam is getting requests to be contacted off site. They'll open with how they have the item and to just email them at whatever email - big red flag. I delete every one of these messages I get.

OP
T

TML75

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve seen some pretty obvious ones before; but I couldn’t find the pictures anywhere else and the fact that he gave me a name and address helped convince me. Oh well, it was only $230.

Mosby

WKR
If you texted him and he responded, I would file a police report. They might be able to trace the number and identify him and you can go from there.

If you texted him and he responded, I would file a police report. They might be able to trace the number and identify him and you can go from there.
Most of these dirtbags will use a fake number through whatsapp or something.
Share his info email, name, address so it comes up on searches so others don't get scammed.

I got burned for $300 for a WTB a few months ago on another forum and still pissed about it.