Does Anyone NOT Take a Picture Anymore?

I'm curios on if there's anyone out there, that doesn't take a picture of their animal or fish?

Absolutely not knocking anyone for taking a picture of their kill. I do myself but only share with close family and friends. Some of my dinks I just take a quick pic, and file away on my phone. I've caught plenty of steelhead that I've released without a photo too. Though, if I ever get a good sized animal, I'd like to take some decent photos for once and not just a crappy insta-pic.

Is there anybody who doesn't even pull out the camera in this day and age?

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I'll take picture of a dragonfly if I shoot one. Won't be much to look at though. I take pictures of all much fishing and hunting success adventures. I make hard copies for my outdoors photo albums. Remember, pictures or it didn't happen.

D S 319

WKR
How else am I supposed to get sponsored so I can do it for free?

I love taking photos, but I also have no social media so those who I want to show, will be able to share the experience with me vicariously.

I waterfowl hunt 45+ days a year. I probably take pics on 4-5 days per year. It has to be special. Maybe sometimes I'll take a dog pic or two that aren't counted there.
I can't remember the last fish picture I took that didn't have my son or wife holding the fish. Couple years maybe? Just doesn't cross my mind to bother.

In the last 10 years (pigs excluded) I think I have got a picture of every deer/elk/antelope except 1 doe antelope and one dink 3 point last day muley.

Edit: I floated the Wood with my inlaws and took a few fly fishing pics for the gram about a year ago.

I take a LOT of pictures these days. I never used to take many photos because I never really wanted to hassle with pulling my camera out and taking the time. I even spent a month in South America just traveling around and fishing, all the way down to Terra Del Fuego on the Chilean side, and I never took a single picture. I've been kicking myself in the ass for that one ever since.

ODB

WKR
Just remember to print your pictures. Until
You do they are just 0s and 1s dependent on some device to see.

Trust me, when my sister died suddenly, all untold thousands of her pics vanished. Yet I still have hand-me down 100-year-old+ prints of family.

Not trying to be a Luddite, but get some pics or photo books printed.

I’ve started taking significantly more candids and still life photos and less and less grip and grins. I think there is more artistry and storytelling in a candid, and with the way our resources get bashed and my entire feed is just people holding fish and bucks I’d rather save the hero shots for my personal archives.

Edit: Autocorrected to “Abused”

Last edited:
OP
O
I’ve started taking significantly more candids and still life photos and less and less grip and grins. I think there is more artistry and storytelling in a candid, and with the way our resources get bashed and my entire feed is just people holding fish abused I’d rather save the hero shots for my personal archives.

I definitely get much more enjoyment out of the "One Pic a Day" thread under the Photography section than I do the meat pole threads. Some of those guys on that thread have some amazing artistic photo talent!

I haven’t taken a picture with an animal in years. I’ll take one or two of deer in a canoe a year, I shot 5 last year and got one picture of a small buck in a canoe. There’s a special place in my heart for rowing out deer in a canoe. I’ve shot a handful of medium sized bucks I would absolutely pass in a different setting but something about salt marsh deer in canoes makes me want to shoot everything

dtrkyman

WKR
I am often solo, so not too many pics, expecially standing in the river with waders on fishing.

Always get good photos of big game though, not on facebook and occasionally post a pic here but not much.

I like seeing phot here though!

TSAMP

WKR
I just sent my lady photos of all the whitetail bucks I killed between Nov 1st and Nov 13th over the last 8 years to illustrate why her friends wedding on the 6th is not somthing I can accommodate. It worked.

WCB

WKR
Definitely not every fish or every duck. But a daily picture of the catch or ducks etc with the people I was hunting or fishing with for sure. If I'm by myself has to be something either really nice or unique. Do I share them all absolutely not. Also, all big game at least gets a quick photo with or without me in it.

I have witnessed many big number days on trout streams where other parties take pictures of every trout landed no matter the size. it irks me.

Rob5589

WKR
Not everything but sure, I like to have something to look back on. I never shoot anything mount worthy so a nice framed photo is my "trophy."

Hoodie

WKR
I don't personally do photos with animals. I totally understand why people do and have nothing against it. I pretty much always hunt solo and propping up a dead animal to take a selfie with it always feels weird in the moment.

Last animal I killed was a bear this spring. I took pictures of the wound channel from the bullet for future reference, but no grip n grin.

Smaller animals I do pics if the scenery is really cool where it died.

Bigger stuff try to get pics no matter what.

Some of my favorite pictures when I scroll through my phone are just ones my buddy has taken when I didn’t even know he was doing it. Just cool scenery.

Brings back good memoiries16AC250E-FA23-4A14-B3A3-045B64EA99AF.jpegAD1AADE5-764A-4FB0-B3F2-0973F83825A3.jpeg