Does Anyone Recall backpackhunter.com ?

ErikT

FNG
Any guys on here AT LEAST 40 years old and older may recall the first-gen website circa 1997 - 1998 www.backpackhunter.com
This old HTML style site was PACKED with great stories and info on all sorts of western backpack hunts for all species of game and include tons of gear tips, hunting tips, physical training tips, shooting and firearms info, photos, etc... The author of the site was super knowledgeable and also posted on the OLD SCHOOL web forums like alloutdoors.com (you kids won't remember that :D)

My question is, who was the author of this site? Anyone know?

wildcat33

WKR
I owned the domain name for 2-3 yrs a while back. It was open and free, but never did anything with it. So as of 5+ years ago the previous owner has been out of the picture. Now I see its available again, to buy from someone trying to squeeze some juice.

We can start calling this "The Boomer Thread". Did you have to use that thing called dial up internet that we hear stories about now? LOL

OP
ErikT

ErikT

FNG
okay, so some of you Gen Xer's (NOT Boomers) remember this site.
This site was just after the internet was invented, back in Netscape days. Alloutdoors.com was the king of hunting sites before the dot.com crash, then 24hr campfire tried to pick up the ball but backpackhunter.com was the shit. I think the guy's name was Scott?