Does anyone still use creating?

Jacack

WKR
Just wondering if guys still use it much? I know when I was in the service 12 years ago it was crazy popular with the weight lifting guys. I see it for sale still buy hadn’t heard much on it.

Just curious

I think the reason you don't hear about it anymore is because it became more well known. Like no one raves about protein powder because everyone knows about it. I've always been on the small side, I tried it, I believe it helped some but probably isn't worth it if you're not specifically trying to pack on lots of muscle and really working at it.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

OXN939

WKR
Creatine is a great tool, but one I would use only very carefully in relation to backcountry hunting. Almost everyone who takes it while weight training gets stronger, but it can also have some pretty accentuated side effects that would be especially undesirable outside of civilization. Specifically, it changes the way your body uses water, which could obviously be problematic in the backcountry.

Also, creatine supplements tend to have a lot of contamination in the forms of unwanted compounds and heavy metals. More here, for anyone interested:

LaHunter

WKR
Creatine is a great tool, but one I would use only very carefully in relation to backcountry hunting. Almost everyone who takes it while weight training gets stronger, but it can also have some pretty accentuated side effects that would be especially undesirable outside of civilization. Specifically, it changes the way your body uses water, which could obviously be problematic in the backcountry.

Also, creatine supplements tend to have a lot of contamination in the forms of unwanted compounds and heavy metals. More here, for anyone interested:

Very true. I used to use it back many years ago, and it works for strength for sure. One of the 'side effects' that I had was it would cause horrendous cramps. I mean violent cramps that would not let go and last for minutes. They would seem to come from nowhere. I really had to pound the water. Also, it seemed to hurt my cardiovascular endurance capacity.

OXN939

WKR
I mean violent cramps that would not let go and last for minutes. They would seem to come from nowhere. I really had to pound the water. Also, it seemed to hurt my cardiovascular endurance capacity.

Happens to a lot of folks. These are just symptoms of what is going on physiologically when you're on a creatine cycle, too- if you did get into a situation where you really had to exert yourself, you could be up the proverbial creek.

Trr15

WKR
I’ve been supplementing with creatine for the past 7-8 months. I’ve experienced cramping as
mentioned above, but not severe. I follow a pretty rigorous weight training program and have been lifting for the past 6 years. I can’t say that Ive witnessed any noticeable gains that I can attribute directly to creatine supplementation. I’m also 40 years old and fighting physical decline as hard as possible so it might be helping more than I realize

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used it about 20 years ago but just lost interest and stopped. It may have some positive impact for some, but I don't think I got all of the benefit. Then again, I've been more of an endurance person and not as much into strength training.

Creatine is totally fine for strength + stamina. The water gets pushed into your muscles to promote atp and help muscles heal and grow. Load cycling or anything like that has been proven to be False and you body can only use about 5g of creatine a day. Creatine Monohydrate is about the best you can get but others options do well also. I’ve used it for years and never cycled it but kept it in my daily regimen. I haven’t taken it for about 2 years now but till most likely start again due to having a hunt in Colorado coming up in late sept. Check out tiger fitness on YouTube or others like Mark Lobliner who have facts backing creatine. It works great.

Bubdog

FNG

I had testicular cancer 15 years ago, I believe the source of the cancer was the impurities in the cheap creatine that I took in the late 90's.

OXN939

WKR
I had testicular cancer 15 years ago, I believe the source of the cancer was the impurities in the cheap creatine that I took in the late 90's.

Yikes. How long did you use it for? I went through a powerlifting phase in college that involved a lot of supplements that, in retrospect, were pretty sketch. Fine so far I think, but it's just so hard to tell how much damage something like that does to your body.

Bubdog

FNG
Yikes. How long did you use it for? I went through a powerlifting phase in college that involved a lot of supplements that, in retrospect, were pretty sketch. Fine so far I think, but it's just so hard to tell how much damage something like that does to your body.

I took it on and off from 97 to 2001, probably a total of two years.

nkramer6

FNG
Just wondering if guys still use it much? I know when I was in the service 12 years ago it was crazy popular with the weight lifting guys. I see it for sale still buy hadn’t heard much on it.

Just curious

I think there used to be a lot of unknowns bout creatine and its long term effects. My own research over the past year or so has made me feel better about it. I have primarily looked at Muscle & Strength's website and they have some pretty solid articles with the sources cited within