Does anyone wear under armour scent control?

I have a set of scent control base layers from under armour. I am reading hunt hard Alaska and he mentions the best fabric is polyester. That is what the under armour is made of. I am trying to decide if I want to upgrade all of my base layers to Marino or not??

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Marino is superior to the Poly because of the scent control factor and the fabric on Merino doesn't break down like Poly does and start smelling bad. I would definitely go with Merino for those points alone. I dont know if you have ever worn Poly after 6 days and the fabric starts picking up the scent of your body. The combo can be hideous. I used Scent Blocker for many years of hunting it worked well but again after a few days of sweating in it you can start to smell the Poly breaking down from Body sweat. Its not pretty.

dotman

WKR
Poly has zero insulating capabilities when wet, stinks after a day and chaffs easier. Merino has very little funk even after 7 days hard use, insulates when wet, dries quick and does not chaff.

So based on the above you decide what is better. Also I have never been able to wash out the funk from poly completely and pretty much had to toss it all in the trash.

They both breath really well in warm weather.

Fisrt Lite has the best merino product out.

Shrek

WKR
+1 on the First Lite merino. I've been playing with some this summer and it's amazing stuff. I bought a couple of merino t's to try and I'm amazed. I've worn the same shirt for 4 days in the heat here in Florida and although the shirt was getting a bit musty the funk wasn't on it after 4 days. There is nothing else you could wear more than two days and be able stand to put it on in the morning. I'm not saying it smelled great but it wasn't that rotten funk smell.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have one shirt of the UA scent control. It works like it is supposed to for about three days with me. Then it starts to smell chemically and it is a bad smell to say the least.

I only wear Wool now and there isn't one single thing the UA is better at than the wool.

KMT

WKR
I have never worn any scent control clothing. I have an under armor shirt by dont wear it much. I prefer merino wool...brand doesn't matter.

OP
Jtelarkin08
I got a first lite pair of bottoms and the zipper top. I also picked up a pair of the Marino gloves