Does front of center matter with shooting field points

ontarget7

WKR
Most arrows nowadays will easily range from the 10-12% range for FOC. That range will be plenty accurate for you. The most important thing is the right dynamic spine and tune. From there it comes down to your form and consistency with that form shot after shot. My current hunting set up is a little over 12% and is plenty accurate with fieldpoints or broadheads.

FOC still matters.

But with field points, you can get away with lower FOC. Just as you can get away with a less than ideal tune. Field points are more forgiving. A heavier leading edge (higher FOC) has a stabilizing effect just as the vanes on the back end of the arrow do. This is especially true at longer distances as speed decreases.

Broadheads tell the tale.

Like ontarget7 said, 10% FOC would the bare minimum I would shoot for, and preferably higher.

OP
J

Jordan guyer

Lil-Rokslider
Okay thanks for the input. If I measured my foc right I was at 8.5 percent. I shoot 100 grain field points and same for broadheads. What will be the best way to increases my foc. Should I try shooting 125 grain broadhead?

ontarget7

WKR
Okay thanks for the input. If I measured my foc right I was at 8.5 percent. I shoot 100 grain field points and same for broadheads. What will be the best way to increases my foc. Should I try shooting 125 grain broadhead?

What are you bow specs, draw weight and length as well as what bow ?

What are your arrow specs raw shaft length, what spine and what brand ?

We can help you better with some more info

OP
J

Jordan guyer

Lil-Rokslider
My draw length is 27 my weight will be 70 pounds my bow is Hoyt element arrow length with nock is 28.5. I shoot the Easton full metal jacket and the spine is 340

PhillyB

WKR
You can go with a lighter fletching
Blazer Vanes= 6g
FFP Flash=3g

Lighter nock
Standard nock=9g
QAD tune a nock=5g

Assuming you are running a three fletch, that would save you 14-15g.
If using a arrow wrap, get rid of those as well.

Do that and stick a 125g tip on the end using either a 25g weight or a 125g BH and you will be in the 12% range.

You might be able to cut the arrows down as well by and inch. That will improve FOC as well