Does it bother you?

Ucsdryder

WKR
Midway has raised prices across the board on all of their reloading/shooting components. I assume they’re paying the same for the items, so they’re increasing profits ~25%. I get it, supply and demand, but it puts my panties in a knot.

archp625

WKR
I want to say I read somewhere that its the component companies that raise their prices. Because of that Midway had to. They aren't in the business to lose money.

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
I want to say I read somewhere that its the component companies that raise their prices. Because of that Midway had to. They aren't in the business to lose money.
Of course if this is true then I don’t have a gripe.

farmer14

Lil-Rokslider
I go both ways on this...on one hand, you gotta pay to play. On the other, I hate when companies take advantage of “unprecedented time”. Cheaper than dirt did that back in 2012 and lost a lot of customers. Midway seems to have more integrity than those losers, and as stated above, they aren’t going to lose money.

Lawnboi

WKR
I don’t believe it. I use midway a lot, and will continue to, but their prices are getting a bit crazy. Last shipment of Hornady match 6.5 creedmoor all sold for 45$ a box. Crap was 28 bucks a box 6 months ago. And it’s not just ammo everything has gone up.

I try to buy from other places whenever possible.

Erict

WKR
Midway has raised prices across the board on all of their reloading/shooting components. I assume they’re paying the same for the items, so they’re increasing profits ~25%. I get it, supply and demand, but it puts my panties in a knot.

It gets my panties in a knot when posts like this are made on assumptions and not facts. Please inform us if they are indeed paying the same for items but marking them up for "25% profit". Then we can form an opinion on Midway. Thanks.

manitou1

WKR
My gut tells me ol' Larry is a pretty honorable guy. I have friends who work there and have nothing but praise for him and his company. He raises a LOT of money for hunting and 2a causes. I imagine if their retail prices are going up, it is because his supplier's prices are going up. I having nothing to back this but my personal assumptions.

OXN939

WKR
He raises a LOT of money for hunting and 2a causes.

I hope this is correct, but the majority of efforts I've seen towards this end were of the "NRA round up" variety. So, essentially, paying for Wayne Lapierre and the boys to fly around on private jets to Michelin star restaurants and throw lavish parties. Guess that's over with now.

Companies could be incurring more cost trying to keep up with orders and all the work that comes after an order is places. They used to get inventory and sell it over a matter of weeks. Now it sells 30 seconds after the item says “In stock”. MidSouthShootersSupply‘s website literally crashed off and on for two hours straight last week when they got a shipment of primers in stock. If you called them they said call volume was so high they couldn’t take the call and then disconnected it. Vance Outdoors quit taking online orders and ship to store orders because their retail stores are so busy and checkout lines are so long they don’t have staff to keep up with the demand. Graf & Sons have a message on the site saying they are 15-18 business days behind on processing orders. So basically you put an order in and it is that long before someone can even look at it to process it. In thsir case the inventory was there, they just didn’t have anyone to put it in a box and ship it. In contrast, I put an order in this morning at Midway and already received a confirmation this evening it had shipped. So my guess is Midway has hired additional staff to keep up with demand and shipping. That has to cost them more. Not to mention the complications they are dealing due to COVID. Its must be a mad house for these companies.

All that said, I don’t know. Maybe there is some price gouging taking place. I bought some bullets a month ago from midsouth at 9.5cents a piece. Same bullets are back in stock there now selling for 13cents a piece. But my guess is, for the most part, these companies are experiencing increased costs to keep up with the insatiable demand taking place and adjusting prices for it. Overtime, additional employees, more materials, COVID costs, etc. They are not necessarily selling more product. They are just selling two weeks or a months worth in a matter of minutes. Then they wait with no product to sell until more inventory arrives. That’s why everything is showing out of stock all the time. And it literally sells within minutes when it comes back in stock

The CEO of Federal posted a video recently addressing some of the complaints and rumors circulating about the ammo shortages. He said they are producing and shipping ammo at a rate they’ve never experienced before and still can’t keep up. He put it this way, 7 million new gun owners and if they all buy two boxes of ammo each...well do the math on how many more bullets that is to make and the components needed to make them. And that is only part of the craziness adding to it all. Reactions to COVID, riots, a very anti-2A administration with full control of congress. It’s the toilet paper crisis on steroids.

Its easy to go conspiracy theory on this. But in the end I think the reasons for price increases are more straight forward than any of that.

Last edited:

nhyrum

Lil-Rokslider
Right... It's all the greedy bastards fault. Not the reduced staff, HUGE increase in sanitization and supplies usage, and prices of everything rising. Company supplied ppe isn't free... I'm sure they're going through masks, gloves and sanitizer like a puppy through a table leg. Yeah, sounds like this greedy ceo's trying to line their pockets to me...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Rich M

WKR
We gotta vent somewhere.
Hope you feel better.

All ammo related prices have gone up. Sorry if that bothers you.

If you don't like the prices, feel free to find something somewhere else for less. If you can.

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
Right... It's all the greedy bastards fault. Not the reduced staff, HUGE increase in sanitization and supplies usage, and prices of everything rising. Company supplied ppe isn't free... I'm sure they're going through masks, gloves and sanitizer like a puppy through a table leg. Yeah, sounds like this greedy ceo's trying to line their pockets to me...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
You could say this for any company. Are Walmart, Costco, etc raising prices? Midway is the only one I’ve seen that the pricing is higher. Check out their pricing vs other online sellers, they’re significantly higher across the board and higher than they were 6 weeks ago.

gbflyer

WKR
25% more for toys I don’t really need to start with. If it becomes too much of a burden then I’ll look somewhere else or be content with all the other crap I have.

I like Midway. Retail is a tough business.

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Idk about other materials but aluminum and titanium are a little cheaper than they were a year ago. Sucks everything is so expensive but that’s where we have ended up.

lintond

WKR
It’s the beauty of capitalism. If you find it cheaper somewhere else then you can buy it there. Nobody forces you to shop at any one shop. Now prescription drugs that’s another story.... I think right now we are in an unprecedented time where things have changed so drastically due to COVID that natural reaction within the economy has been all over the board. I’m talking about all products not just gun supplies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk