Does Western Mountaineering bags ever go on sale?

jdubrr

Lil-Rokslider
looking for an Apache MF in regular, but holding out for a sale or coupon code of some sort. Anyone know if these ever go on sale?

chasewild

WKR
I found a new WM Apache on Craigslist in Boulder for $450 last month. Backcountry.com also has rare sales...like once a year.

Not really. Western Mountaineering was excluded from the recent backcountry sale and they usually are. I’ve bought one with a coupon from Wilderness Exchange before

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We are a dealer. Short answer, no. WM will pull dealership if they're caught selling below MAP.

If you're real lucky you may find a dealer who is discontinuing the line and liquidating inventory, but that's rare. Best bet for a discount is buying used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
J

jdubrr

Lil-Rokslider
We are a dealer. Short answer, no. WM will pull dealership if they're caught selling below MAP.

If you're real lucky you may find a dealer who is discontinuing the line and liquidating inventory, but that's rare. Best bet for a discount is buying used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kind of what I thought. I've been looking and same price everywhere gohunt has them and they give you points back, but they don't have the exact one I want.

Thanks for the replies

LaHunter

WKR
I bought my WM Kodiak and my WM Terralite both on sale, new. It took a lot of patience, like a few months of looking, but both were on sale when I bought them. I bought the Kodiak several years ago (about $100 off retail), and bought the Terralite last year (about $50-$75 off retail if I remember correctly). Sales on WM bags are rare, but occasionally you may run across them.

Jalliston

Lil-Rokslider
Not really a sale, but Moosejaw has 30% back(in MJ reward dollars) including Western Mountaineering with code MJ30. I just ordered a Terralite and Sequoia, $388 back between the two so not too bad.

OP
J

jdubrr

Lil-Rokslider
Not really a sale, but Moosejaw has 30% back(in MJ reward dollars) including Western Mountaineering with code MJ30. I just ordered a Terralite and Sequoia, $388 back between the two so not too bad.
this might be my best option even though they charge tax to CA.

Mosby

WKR
Activejunky is also giving an additional 15% back on Moosejaw today.

denzr2

FNG
You could also watch the classifieds on here. I have seen some good deals if you don’t mind going with used gear

Mosby

WKR
You can get still get a good deal on Moosejaw. 30% back in Moosejaw points and 14% back from Activejunky. Free shipping. Expires tonight.