Dog food container

Mosby

WKR
I have been using plastic containers or plastic bags laying around for dog food when I go on hunting trips.

I want to get better organized and want to get something specific for their dog food that ideally is mouse/critter proof. I don't like having paper dog food bags sitting around in a cabin or campsite.

I have found bags from Avery and Mudriver that seem popular but they look like they could spill easy and could be chewed. I also found plastic containers from Gamma2 on Amazon that are airtight.

What are you guy using to carry dog food on your trips?

slvrslngr

WKR
I somehow ended up in possession of one of those round, metal popcorn tins. You know, the ones that have flavored popped popcorn and they show up around Christmas. Its about 2 gallons or so and holds about a weeks worth of food. That’s what I use.

Tod osier

WKR
I have been using plastic containers or plastic bags laying around for dog food when I go on hunting trips.

I want to get better organized and want to get something specific for their dog food that ideally is mouse/critter proof. I don't like having paper dog food bags sitting around in a cabin or campsite.

I have found bags from Avery and Mudriver that seem popular but they look like they could spill easy and could be chewed. I also found plastic containers from Gamma2 on Amazon that are airtight.

What are you guy using to carry dog food on your trips?

Bucket with gamma lid works great.

I've used old protein powder jugs and small 2 gallon buckets with good lids, using a roll top bag like the one linked below now and though it's not mouse proof it's been working really well and seems to be waterproof so far.

I also like roll top bags. They do a great job at stopping the bugs and if you are worried about coons or similar seeking them out, hang them like you would in bear country. I actually individually bag each meal in a sandwich ziploc and stack those in a roll top.

Randall

FNG
I use metal popcorn tins as well. A 5 gallon bucket would be slightly sturdier and more spill proof though.