Dog Gear

OP
BigCountry344
Do y’all make your dog sleep outside or bring them in the tent with you? If so how do you deal with all the hair if you have one that sheds really bad?

I have a dog pack that as much as it pains me to admit I'll probably never get to use again. Dogs are too old or too dead to go anymore. If someone wants it just pay shipping it's yours. It's blue medium sized dog, ~50-60 pounds. Text me 913six33twotwo65 with requests for pics or I'll take it or whatever.

Voyageur

WKR
I'll put a plug in here for https://wolfpacks.com/ Have used them for 15 or so years and am still using the originally purchased packs. One of the packs even laid outside in the elements for 6 months after getting ripped off the dog while fighting with a coon. Took a long time before we finally found it. What I like most about the Wolf Packs is they don't have any straps in the "arm pit" area to chafe the dog.

Voyageur

WKR
Do y’all make your dog sleep outside or bring them in the tent with you? If so how do you deal with all the hair if you have one that sheds really bad?
We bring our dogs in the tent with us...pretty much all the time now that wolves have moved into the areas we frequent. The hair isn't too much of a problem. I just brush it out with my hands each morning.
When using hammocks I've got a little tipi like structure that is made from mosquito netting. I hang it from one end of my hammock. Obviously no warmth, but keeps the dog out of the bugs.

Voyageur

WKR
I have a year old husky mix, he loves hiking but haven't camped with him yet. Do yall think a pack would cause him to overheat?
No personal experience with Huskies but I know people who have them put packs on them. If you go to the Wolfpack website they have a picture of two Husky type dogs wearing packs on their home page.

Decker9

WKR
I have a year old husky mix, he loves hiking but haven't camped with him yet. Do yall think a pack would cause him to overheat?

the ruffwear palisades has two water bladders and pockets for them, that go against the side of the dog and helps keep them cool. I highly recommend the palisades, for a few reasons.

Until your buddy hits 2 years, I’d recommend a nearly empty pack, least until his bones are fully developed.

Have a blast!

Excellent thanks for the replies, I'll definitely look into it. Can't wait until the fuzz ball can carry stuff. With the state being shut down we are getting some quality training time. Next step is getting him to chill out when we are in the tent.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20200225_164433.jpg
    MVIMG_20200225_164433.jpg
    694.1 KB · Views: 9

Ralphie

WKR
They haven’t ever carried a pack but my heelers have done 20 miles before. 15 was pretty routine for them.

Wassid82

WKR
I have had several brands of dog packs, collars, blankets, sweaters, etc. they include Dublin dog, ruffwear, kurgo, etc. I think ruffwear has lasted the longest and was the most functional