Dog names

samc

Lil-Rokslider
I'm getting a wirehaired pointing griffon here in a few weeks and am having a hard time coming up with names. Anyone out there care to help me out??!

I have a thing for naming dogs actual human names, but kind of old man like names (I work with geriatric people in health care). Fred, Ralph, Chuck, Bob, Tim or Jim, Clarence, Hank, Henry. But then again we named our pure black German Shepard Timber, which fits him well. We were looking at outdoors type names, River, Forest, Creek, Cedar. 20190504_174816.jpg

[email protected]

Lil-Rokslider
My Brittney is named Izzy wife and kids named her. My blue tick is gadwall, the cat is merganser and the other cat is goose I named them lol used to be big into waterfowl.

fatlander

WKR
My golden is Clyde, my springer is Norman, and my lab puppy is Winston. I like giving dogs old man names.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Molly damnit and miss Sugar, both earned their names in a week or two. Had a couple different dogs named Max.

Attachments

• D14C2D5A-6E02-419A-8809-780BC6EB3DAF.jpeg
    D14C2D5A-6E02-419A-8809-780BC6EB3DAF.jpeg
    407.8 KB · Views: 71

sram9102

WKR
I've always wanted Maverick and Goose. Top Gun was my favorite movie as a kid. Wife vetoed naming our silver female Goose. So meet Maverick and Charlie.

Is it a male or female- I have always liked the name Bramble. We have a Springer Spaniel named Penny and my parents have her sister and named her Millie

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

K

Kootenay Hunter

I'm having trouble with the same thing for my new GSP male puppy...I have a few in mind. My wife and I think non-traditional people names for dogs are hilarious....like 'Kevin' vs 'Charlie', but not sure I'm going that route. Maybe something with German/Euro influence.

kickemall

WKR
I always try to use single syllable names - Cain, Rock, Blitz...
However, when you allow kids to name them you end up with princess and Disney character names - Elsa, Auna, Shrek...

sndmn11

WKR
I like names that remind you of some place or someone. The dog in my avatar has passed now, but her name was Halle Bear because she was dark and sexy. The newest dog is also a WPG and I wanted to name her Scarlett, or one of many names to go a long with our son's (Rownin, a varied spelling of Ronin) having to do with warriors/samurais or Marvel. My wife said no and named her Juniper because the first thing we did for a week when we bought our house was cut out all the juniper bushes. We call her Juni and I combined both my grand mother's names, Louise and Nora, in her registered name to be GTO Ranch's Saddleback Juniper of Lono.

MNBill

Lil-Rokslider
My Labs in order were are, Boo (RIP. Family nickname) Buzz (RIP) and current one is Slick. When hunting you will appreciate a 1 syllable name.

Me and Woden.
261293a2047fe39ff2d434e3ec453a1d.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk