Dog names

CorbLand

WKR
I dont have a dog but I have told my wife if we ever get one, my biggest concern as far as name is concerned is what is going to make people scratch their heads the most when they hear you yelling at it.

I dont have a dog but I have told my wife if we ever get one, my biggest concern as far as name is concerned is what is going to make people scratch their heads the most when they hear you yelling at it.
Thats interesting, when younger a lot younger my grandmother had a black terrier, she named N the rest is now un-mentionable, I can still remember her standing on the back porch yelling for him. We lived out in the country on a farm so I guess no one really heard her or even paid attention. My son just got a beagle pup named him biscuit, why I have no ideal.

Jolley78MT

Lil-Rokslider
Good thread, I've had Nanook, Cooper, and now Kimber and Huckleberry.

Cooper was my boy, been gone 3 years and I still can't get over loosing him

Irish Miner

Lil-Rokslider
Current pup is Finnegan. Finn... didnt realize how popular the name is until after I named him. Seems there are four or five in the neighborhood, lol.

Our Catahoula cur was named Jax. He was a good 'ole kid.

TSnave

FNG
Currently we have Thorn (German Shepherd) and Thistle (field-bred English Cocker). In the past we've had Gemini, Rebel, and Odin, all German Shepherds. Natasha (Norwegian Elkhound), Tank (Cardigan Welsh Corgi) and Guinness (Brittany).

B23

WKR
This is our Australian Shepherd Kodiak but we call him Koda. Got him in June 2023 at eight weeks and it's amazing how fast the little buggers grow up and transition from a scared little fluff ball that's just been kidnapped from their litter to being in charge of their new home and family.
IMG_2551.JPGIMG_2594.jpg
IMG_2714.jpg

GreyBeck

Lil-Rokslider
Dallas (golden) Silas (chocolate lab) both passed

Currently two WPGs Otter and Buck. Otter hit me while drinking a can of Otter Water and I wanted Boone for an Animal House spin (fitting) but family picked Buck instead.

Didn't see a dog name thread, just for fun.

Hunting (or family) dog names...whatcha got.

I've had/have a Duke, Barkley, Bubba (all labs), Clayton (Coonhound), Oakley (retriever) and Max (non-hunting husky)
BLF Willow, GSPF Jinx. Jinx is named after Hollie Berry's character in James Bond.

WoodDuck

FNG
Grew up with labradors and this is the first of my own (Otter). She’s been challenging at times but having a blast learning from eachother.

Attachments

• IMG_0321.jpeg
    IMG_0321.jpeg
    417.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4178.jpeg
    IMG_4178.jpeg
    763.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4463.jpeg
    IMG_4463.jpeg
    660 KB · Views: 7

2ski

WKR
Dallas (golden) Silas (chocolate lab) both passed

Currently two WPGs Otter and Buck. Otter hit me while drinking a can of Otter Water and I wanted Boone for an Animal House spin (fitting) but family picked Buck instead.
Otter and Boone?
"They're well known homosexuals."
"Have another beer Larry. She's kidding. "

I mean now you open the floodgates for names.
Otters full name should be, Eric Stratton-Rush Chairman dam glad to meet you, with his call name of Otter.
Flounder("why Flounder? Burp. Why not?")
Pinto
D-day(kind of like this one)
Babs(for a female dog)
Chip(but when you nick him with the e-collar you have to say "thank you sir may I have another")