Dog seizure

OP
cmankingsley

cmankingsley

Lil-Rokslider
Update on my dog. She’s been seizure free since getting on a light dose of phenobarbital at the end of last season. She looks like her old self and has been putting a hurting on the prairie chickens this season.
71b48c9096c3091f3990083dc2c08661.jpg

701adbe6fe5eac979e955a03c401f1c0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PA Hunter

WKR
Some breeds are more prone to them and it may not be an issue unless it’s chronic.
10% of the human population will suffer a single seizure in their lifetime and never have another with no family history or cause. Can you check the bloodline for any history?
I agree I work at a college and we constantly have kids getting seizures all the time.

Fatcamp

WKR
Yes

Like with any seizure, try to keep them from hurting themselves.

Get to vet, they can prescribe meds that will GREATLY REDUCE the frequency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have an old dog that started having severe grand mal seizures. Vet meds helped and we tapered her off after six months or so. Still kicking it.

Had an infant go through the same thing. He has been seizure free for a decade now.

Sir_mix88

FNG
I have a dog was having seizures ( or so we thought), ended up being syncaple? Episodes. She had 3rd or 4th degree heart block and when she got excited or worked hard she wasn’t getting enough blood flow to her brain. On a dog pace maker now( yes you read that correctly) but it fixed the problem and priced out is actually cheaper than meds for the rest of her life..