Done in new mex two nice three year olds.

Turkeyjoe

FNG
Just joined this group three days ago to get info on new mex fall muley in 51b
But...... tagged out this am on second beautiful gobbler. Both public one i called through fence i am in las vegas and by 9am i was already looking at a trip up by trinidad as non resident. I am retired turkey bio chasing and studying them for 40 years. Mostly easterns so learning lots about these high mountain birds. Any trinidad area info would be appreciated. Looks like area north of sugarite is closed. Happy to exchange some info on these new mex birds. I left a lot out there still gobbling.

OP
T

Turkeyjoe

FNG
Ok. I hunt mostly alone so dont get the fan across my crotch type shots. Beautiful 3 yo. Killed similar on the opener. Lots of differences in these mountain birds than mid western easterns field hunting but they are still turkeys. 40 years and still learning

Attachments

• 24DE6E66-5A95-4E19-8F8D-D7EC15947390.jpeg
    24DE6E66-5A95-4E19-8F8D-D7EC15947390.jpeg
    813.6 KB · Views: 50
OP
T

Turkeyjoe

FNG
Ok. I hunt mostly alone so dont get the fan across my crotch type shots. Beautiful 3 yo. Killed similar on the opener. Lots of differences in these mountain birds than mid western easterns field hunting but they are still turkeys. 40 years and still learning
Oops. Now i know why i dont get on forums. Focus more on turkey pic. Rest is black humor lol

N2TRKYS

WKR
Congrats on your limit. I’m not able to do the photo op thing, either.
I normally have to hang my in a tree by their spurs, like this one.
218A18AD-37BC-4924-83E0-123CA56FFD05.jpeg

hobbes

WKR
Good looking bird. Im typically alone for my birds also. I use the timer on my phone after standing it up on a stump or bush or anything. It usually takes several tries to get it right, but I think it's worth it.

I carry a little flexible tripod in my vest along with a Sony RX II camera. Allows me to get great shots right where I kill the bird. There are adapters with the tripod that allow you to mount your cell phone on it for pics.

Here is one of the tripods I have: