Done with KUIU!?

OP
J

JNDEER

WKR
I can see where you might think they would help a brother out as they clearly know you from buying face to face alot unlike most who buy via the net. However everytime I've been in that store I always leave disappointed with their CS. Seams they get pissed your not dropping several grand buying a full get up, or have the stones to compare there stuff to others, or they try to get you to give up hunting spots.

I freaking hate the belt loops on all my kuiu pants as they allow the belt to ride up above the top of the pants. Wouldn't even think of trying to take them down there, and complain face to face. I get the middle finger enough at home.
If I didn’t love my tiburon pants for our early season hunting Soo much that would be the first thing to go.

Lol- never had them try to get my local hunting spots. I usually just say I am hunting where Jason (RIP) threw his pack off the hill.

the newest tib pants seem to hold better at the belt and their newest lightweight belt is far better than their original. But - I know exactly what your talking about.

I’m not gonna try and turn this into a Kuiu pet peeve rant, but I will say this, I really hate that little bullshit pocket they put on their shirts! You know, this one.
0533c15072cd560449858f20f2db9ae0.jpg

About the only thing that I ever found that will fit in it, is a pair of foam earplugs. Why don’t they just put a regular sized, goddamn pocket on these shirts!
85cde4bba700cadddacb768136b44a8f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LostArra

WKR
The only company I can think of that take back used/worn clothes is REI, but that’s built into their business model with the whole garage sale thing.

Once you wear clothes beyond trying them on, they are yours IMHO.
Pardon the interruption
Duluth Trading Co is not a niche hunting company but their return policy is one year. \ No Bull
I've never returned anything because their stuff fits me and doesn't fall apart.

OP
J

JNDEER

WKR
I just can’t imagine having access to the kuiu in person store and not trying on different sizes before making the purchase.
Usually I do. During their black Friday sale I was in store and purchased two peleton shirts that needed to be XXL just to fit. I have other shirts that are XXL that fit fine. With the recent purchases I figured I should be good to go. This purchase was from their latest sale with free shipping so I didn’t drive to the store

OP
J

JNDEER

WKR
I’m not gonna try and turn this into a Kuiu pet peeve rant, but I will say this, I really hate that little bullshit pocket they put on their shirts! You know, this one.

About the only thing that I ever found that will fit in it, is a pair of foam earplugs. Why don’t they just put a regular sized, goddamn pocket on these shirts!

Think the original intent was for elk/turkey calls.

most the shirts I have with that pocket I sliced the top open right below the stitching to make an actual pocket. Few years later and they are still holding up well.

Spoonman

WKR
You could of tried it on before you purchased it maybe and not had any of this mess or be this super focused on it for a extended period of time!?

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
A lady I work with bought a 900 (supposedly) dollar phone new from at&t I believe. She used for it 2.5 weeks and decided she didn't like it. Nothing wrong with the phone. Then she called in and was very upset when they wouldn't let her return it for a full refund.

If you bought a new car, drove it for 4 days and decided it just wasn't for you, you think they would give you a full refund?

I think its your responsibility to make sure the item is what you want to purchase before you purchase it.

I don’t think the dealership would... technically, it’s been titled and deemed used.

i think of that shirt pocket like the older ford trucks at my work. they have a dish for holding a cell phone. it maybe fits an iphone 4. guessing a hand warmer would fit in that pocket also lol...

Chapstick ,

J , I really dont think your in the wrong. They have racks of “used/returns” items and they might lose $10 off the price of swapping out the shirt for you. No they dont “have to” but Seems petty that they wouldn’t swap it especially if your known as a good customer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Welcome to the club. Lotsa people have had similar customer service encounters with KUIU. Cottage businesses can be like that. It's why (with certain exceptions) the bulk of my gear is Sitka Gear but I have quite a bit of KUIU. But in comparison Sitka sets the customer care so high KUIU needs to charter a plane just to see it. At least, that's been my experience.

Okhotnik

WKR
Agree with the previous posts.

The only company I can think of that take back used/worn clothes is REI, but that’s built into their business model with the whole garage sale thing.

Once you wear clothes beyond trying them on, they are yours IMHO.
Even REi, LL Bean, Cabelas had to change their return policy because it so abused over the years. Look at some of the boots at the REI garage sale. Many were worn for look like years and returned with hardly any soles on them

Don't see how it's reasonable to expect a business to take a loss because the customer chose to buy the wrong product and then use it.

WCB

WKR
Know how to sew? Shorten the sleeves a bit and be done with it.

I bought a couple things from KUIU that I returned and never had a problem. One was like 9 months later. Also, if the Xl fits originally wouldn't it be expected that the XXL would be bigger?

I get the "customer service" part of it as that is part of my job. But if someone says "Hey, I bought the wrong thing can you take it in the shorts and I want a different product". I would say NOPE

YZF_88

Lil-Rokslider
They wouldn’t take back my glove either. Was so pissed it didn’t hold up to an arrow that broke in half an went into my hand. 0118474F-22BA-4010-A559-ECB90B2A6752.jpeg

rclouse79

WKR
I will not be giving kuiu any more of my money. I had terrible luck with a pair of their pants basically falling apart the first season with moderate use. I emailed customer service and was told tough luck. I would guess they started off with good customer service until they got big enough and realized they could make more money by telling customers to screw off.