Done With Leica

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
It seems I triggered a senior member on this page. I greatly apologize for the assumption OP bought from Doug who is a gentleman and always a great guy. I like my UltraVids and hope I don’t need to test Leica’s CS. If I do, rest assured I won’t make a post that is not ULTRA specific and cover every base like My wife would tell me a story about her day. Only to be asked the same question 10 times. I’m glad the OP is getting a resolution thanks to Doug at CLNY. Y’all have a great evening.
Truth be told, I instantly thought you were an idiot. There are countless "bash xxxx company" threads by folks who suffer from entitlement syndrome, and, or, bone deep stupidity. In this case, you went full hog on defense of another infrequent poster. I never recall reading him saying he bought from Doug. I "assumed" he reached out to Doug for help, well bc Doug is the man (optically).
*Edit
At first glance, I thought you were being genuine-unless an edit took place, I am mistaken and you seem snarky. Ten times?? Dude he bashed, and failed to follow up with simple, yet very pertinent details.

Last edited:
It seems I triggered a senior member on this page. I greatly apologize for the assumption OP bought from Doug who is a gentleman and always a great guy. I like my UltraVids and hope I don’t need to test Leica’s CS. If I do, rest assured I won’t make a post that is not ULTRA specific and cover every base like My wife would tell me a story about her day. Only to be asked the same question 10 times. I’m glad the OP is getting a resolution thanks to Doug at CLNY. Y’all have a great evening.
Presumably, OP made this thread to share his frustration with Leica with other members.

However, what you seem to miss is that sharing your experiences invites questions about the particulars. Other end users want to understand what happened, in order to shape their own expectations of what should happen to them in similar circumstances.

A company failing to service their products inside of their service period is OUTRAGEOUS. A company not sending parts requiring proprietary assembly services is wholly reasonable.

In any event, an end-user creating a thread like this invites questions. Don't want to invite questions? Don't post on a public forum...

tdhanses

WKR
Looks to me like you triggered yourself, your quoting yourself?

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
“Done with Leica” well it certainly doesn’t sound like you are.
I blame Amazon! It’s gives people unrealistic expectations about customer service.

I know for a fact that Leica has put an emphasis on Customer Service. I also know that Covid has beat them up pretty good lately.

These threads almost always end up with the company taking care of them…. Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pyrotechnic

Lil-Rokslider
@gr8fuldoug is the absolute bomb.

I had an issue with a set of geovids I bought from a competitor and they wouldn't help me as I was outside their 30 day return window (had ordered when overseas). Reaching out to leica CS got me an automatic "we are all out of the office due to covid and don't know when we will be back"

Initially called Doug hoping he had a set of demo rangefinding binos I could buy.

He ended up putting me in touch with Jennine at Leica and she got me a shipping label and a loaner set to use during spring bear.

It took a really long time for them to fix my geovids, I'm assuming due to covid and supply chain issues but they took care of me and I am very happy with them.

I can't reccomend Doug more and while initially frustrating I think Leica did a good job of taking care of me.

Also, my dad had a set of old (30+ years) Leica binos that he sent in to get checked over due to focusing issues. They were unable to fix them but offered a stupid discount on a new set of Teinovid HDs that he is very happy with.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
I'd like to second a good repair experience with Leica customer service as well as @gr8fuldoug and every other person who answers a phone at camera land.

This has been an entertaining read, here are my conclusions.
  1. The OP was disgruntled with Leica and came here to post about his frustrations and stir the shit pot.
  2. The OP may not know what an objective (lens?) is.
  3. The OP, thinking that we'd all be instantly sympathetic with his situation and rise up in force against Leica, instead found out that we're all a bit smarter than that and this post ended up biting him in the ass.
  4. Jeannine at Leica is some sort of miracle worker and definitely the person you want to deal with if you need Leica warranty work.
  5. Doug at Camera Land is a stand up guy, knows people and he's always willing to help you out whether you purchased your optics from him or not.

Last edited:

fatbacks

WKR
I’ve had nothing but outstanding customer service from Leica over the past 5 years. Sent in spotter twice for Basic maintenance and small issues and then geovids were replaced when I had a software issue.

I’ll also echo both Doug and Jeanine are awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burnt Reynolds

Lil-Rokslider
Last fall I sent in my 20 year old Leica spotter for repair. Called them up and said I dropped it, what to do? Eyepiece was all jacked up and wouldn't mate with objective lens. I thought it was a goner due to the age.
They cleaned up, repaired and returned free of charge. Took 3 weeks. I have zero complaints and would buy from them again.
FYI, I have 5 year old Trinovid 8x42, 16 year old Trinovid 12x50, 4 year old 2000 yard rangefinder.