Don't believe everything you see in Instagram etc(poaching)

Anyone catch the Gritty Bowman's defense of Greentree? I don't think it is up any more.

I did. It was ridiculous, and I think it’s even worse that Brian removed it. I’d like to know why he felt the comments and comparisons he made during recording were appropriate but later pulled it down?

My guess would be he didn’t expect the negativity that came from his defense of Greentree and his comments about Aaron and Rinella. It just shows how much Brian panders if he’s willing to first make the comments, and then later remove them.

I know Brian is a member here, I posted before saying that I would like to hear a response from him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdhanses

WKR
I did. It was ridiculous, and I think it’s even worse that Brian removed it. I’d like to know why he felt the comments and comparisons he made during recording were appropriate but later pulled it down?

My guess would be he didn’t expect the negativity that came from his defense of Greentree and his comments about Aaron and Rinella. It just shows how much Brian panders if he’s willing to first make the comments, and then later remove them.

I know Brian is a member here, I posted before saying that I would like to hear a response from him.

I don’t think he is active here much, my guess he removed it because it could affect his $$$. Unlike us that can discuss this either way, we have no skin in the industry other then where we spend our $$$.

What did he say? Feel free to PM if you don't want to share it publicly. Seems like it would be good to get what he said out there though..

Trial153

WKR
Call is turning into a real Sap. First he is defending the SFW bid abortion over the RMEF. Now this he pulls his defense of Greentree. At least have the balls stick by your convictions.

Last edited:

lif

WKR
I’m fine with Call defending his friend. I might do the same if I believed in him. But never in my life will I purposely throw another man under the bus like he did. I listened to it and was immediately playing it for my wife saying, “can you believe this guy throwing Rinella and Snyder into this?” She was spitting at my phone as it played. Guy code broken for sure.

What did he say? Feel free to PM if you don't want to share it publicly. Seems like it would be good to get what he said out there though..

He compared Adams issues as similar to Aaron shooting a squirrel on a hunt (which he didn’t know was out of season and later self reported to fish and game) and Rinella’s stories about snaring as a youngster in Michigan (breaking game law).

Last edited:
I don’t think he is active here much, my guess he removed it because it could affect his $$$. Unlike us that can discuss this either way, we have no skin in the industry other then where we spend our $$$.

But that’s the issue. He CAN discuss things either way. Don’t forget that the $$$ he generates from these things is correlated to his influence with listeners and customers that his sponsoring companies are trying to target.

So he says what he wants and then later pulls it because of backlash from people. That just undermines a persons credibility. When you have influence in any industry people are going to follow you for what they believe is honest and unbiased information, Brian obviously doesn’t offer that with the episode he pulled down. Aaron brought integrity to the show, look back to how he handled the Sitka questions when they changed camo. He was up front about the sponsorship.

PresTex

Lil-Rokslider
He compared Adams issues with Aaron shooting a squirrel on a hunt (which he didn’t know what out of season an later self reported to fish and game) and Rinella’s stories about snaring as a youngster in Michigan (breaking game law).

Laughable that Brian would think that what Adam did was anywhere close to either of those instances.

Regardless, you don’t throw other people under the bus just to try and prove a point. Lost a lot of respect for him after that.

HookUp

WKR
I heard a small part of the podcast and he said essentially the deer Greentree shot was a pest cull and yes it was in the wrong area. If this is true why is it such a big deal? Who wouldn't take a crack at a coyote in Yellowstone, right Brian? Anyone else not surprised this podcast is recorded in Utah?

Bizzaro world man..... Spoke of our game laws in the states and was trying to apply them to Australia. At the same time claiming Adam was innocent aannnnddd claiming what he did wasn't wrong? Crazy. I only listened because I was tipped off that it was a mess, messaged a couple buddies that they should down load it predicting Brian would pull it down. Bam it was gone. To equate what Steve, or Aron did to this guys actions left me scratching my head. It was a 20 minute car wreck.

Bizzaro world man..... Spoke of our game laws in the states and was trying to apply them to Australia. At the same time claiming Adam was innocent aannnnddd claiming what he did wasn't wrong? Crazy. I only listened because I was tipped off that it was a mess, messaged a couple buddies that they should down load it predicting Brian would pull it down. Bam it was gone. To equate what Steve, or Aron did to this guys actions left me scratching my head. It was a 20 minute car wreck.

And now he just pretends he didn’t even put it out or say those things. Since he’s pulled it down he acts like it didn’t happen. Just moved on to promoting other episodes.

Brian never addresses why he pulled down his episode, but he’s advertising Ben O’Brien’s recent podcast with Cam Hanes where the Greentree matter is mentioned. I haven’t listened to it so I don’t know how much it’s discussed.

All I know is that if it were me and someone was saying that I was guilty of something I wasn't...I dont care how damn much it costs, I would fight it. No way am I going to be called guilty for something that I am not guilty of...period. Especially for this case, the label of "poacher" completely undermines everything hunting is about...I dont care about any of the circumstances surrounding the case, that is the label that he was willing to be ok with when he pled guilty. Its not like it is an unrelated crime like a DUI or something...it is a hunting related crime which the dude had to know. Its lame to hear people stand up for the guy.

He said that fighting the case was a huge financial hardship on his family (in his statement), however, he can bring his family to the USA for 6 months to hunt a bunch of huge private/guided ranches, posts buying his wife a brand new Porshe, has a huge hunting property with a cabin on it as well as a massive house in Newcastle. Lost all respect for the guy. Take one quick scroll through his instagram page and this is all evident. What a tool. Same with Gritty for standing up for the guy.