Don't fix what isn't broke(or should you).

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have run the same Alaskan guide bino bivy for the last 5 years and thought it couldn't get any better. I have no complains and it held all my gear and worked fine. Then this year I was given a new Sitka Bino bivy and didn't know what to think. I shot with it on a few times with my rifle and didn't think anything of it. Then I went on my mule deer hunt this year and decided to give it a try. Long story short i love it and it is my new go to for when I use my bow.

So I want to know if you guys ever got stuck in your ways and then found something better and cant beleave that you havn't be doing this the hole time.

marktole

WKR
I have used a FHF harness for 4-5 years for all my hunting. Really liked it. Decided to try the AGC for some apparent reason. I’ll be sticking with my FHF for bow hunting as I like the low profile of it when crawling around and not needing much with me. But I’ll probably use the AGC for rifle hunting because I can more easily hold extra rounds, data chart, maybe a small fire starting kit, or anything else I wanna throw in for a colder, late season rifle hunt.

Sometimes you find good solutions when you start tinkering with your gear setup.

For how minimalistic the Sitka unit it, you can still organize a fair amount of stuff. I generally keep a compass on one side, pre made call on the other along with a wind checker. Inside 4-5 spare rounds on one side, lip balm with the lens cloth. Phone can go in with the binos