Double Barrel Crossbow,

Fullfan

WKR
The editor and publisher of crossbow magazine is a personal friend. Chatted with him yesterday about the new double barrel cross bow. He said Excalibur refuse to go to a compound crossbow. And they have maxed what they can do with recurved limbs. Said it was just a gimmick to keep up with the top end manufacturers. And like he said him many time have you need a follow up show w a crossbow..

OP

WKR
The editor and publisher of crossbow magazine is a personal friend. Chatted with him yesterday about the new double barrel cross bow. He said Excalibur refuse to go to a compound crossbow. And they have maxed what they can do with recurved limbs. Said it was just a gimmick to keep up with the top end manufacturers. And like he said him many time have you need a follow up show w a crossbow..
I can sure see how Excalibur has reached an engineering limit with recurve crossbows. There's only so much you can do with such a simple machine, especially considering the trend to go skinnier in terms of cocked width.

I can personally see some utility and comfort knowing that a second shot is available. I've never needed a follow up shot with a rifle either, but I'm glad it's readily available just in case something goes poorly with the first shot.

OP

WKR
...and now Ravin just introduced a 500 fps crossbow (400gr arrow) that has an electronic cocking mechanism.