Dove Limit, and some Drama...

OP
TheGDog

TheGDog

WKR
LOL. Request the help of a public servant, twice, for your mistakes and then act like the victim for said public servant doing his job and checking you. If we're being honest, the decision making that got you stuck has to make a warden wonder what other odd choices you made.

Maybe you can lead the charge to defund game wardens for their further victimization of the self-victimized.
I didn't "request the help of a public servant"... I saw somebody come along with a truck, plain and simple. And like one happy friendly human to another I asked for some help. Nobody called/summoned him. That's my point! Here I am all happy to see you, happily telling you about my day and the stuff in my truck totally corroborates this... and then... even after talking with me for a good amount of time to sum me up.. you STILL wanna go and pull that searching thru my isht BS? That ain't right.

OP
TheGDog

TheGDog

WKR
Exactly! Another thing to consider is that you never know what calls that got day or other encounters they have had that were similar but ended in a bad way.

Sadly LEO’s often deal with the worst which gives them a unique perspective. When you respond in a way like @Bubblehide recommended it gives them a breath of fresh air. It is a good thing.
Whatever calls he got before me? If some dude can't compartmentalize one from the other... then he needs to no longer be on ANY Police Force.

That's just my point though.. I was all happy and friendly with this guy... and then he starts with the low-key wanting to check everything.

OP
TheGDog

TheGDog

WKR
Wow, guy let’s you off for illegal target shooting. Pulls you out of a ditch and gives you a jump. Then does his job by checking the legality of your situation which we “all” pay him to do. Geez, sounds like a total a**hole…

I am always happy to let a warden check my stuff. It’s a hard and dangerous job that pays rather poorly compared to other law enforcement. I wish I had a chance to see them more often. Plenty of sketchy and illegal crap going on every hunting season around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sigh... fair enough. Like I said... overall the guys was nice. And I was being my normal talkative personable self. I didn't really say much when he wanted to see the cooler, I understood that. Then he wanted to see the other one up in front.. Ok..whatever it's a cooler I get it. I explained to him long-drive, wanted it up front with me for drinks on the long drive home etc.

Those issues... though I didn't like them, I immediately could see why he asked. I may have responded with a despondent "Sigh... seriously?" but I complied.

Him asking to see my firearms though? There was NO good reason for that. NONE. To me... if they ask to see your firearms... some shits about to go down and they want to disarm you! THAT is why everything in my being said inside me "Whoa whoa whoa..."

There is the plug in the magazine issue perhaps. But I was already done with my hunting and have left that area, so you don't know what I could have done to the firearm between here and there. He didn't ask directly if I was using lead-free or steel-shot or anything like that... he even mentioned a few of the ways he's let people slide for some minor things that I don't want to go into detail about here. So like I said... everything was cool and friendly and "normal" then outta nowhere homey starts to low-key slip back into that role again and ask about my firearms.

Sigh... I do totally get what you're saying here though. And I'm sure my take/perception on this whole thing is understandably skewed by my perpetual dis trust of all LEOs... as well as in general just wanting to be left the heck alone.

I want to make sure I mentioned in this thread that even here I complied, begrudingly, after questioning him as to why he felt the need to see my firearms. And right about then is when he asked me to lift my shirt so he could peep my waste in case I was tuckin'. See what I'm saying here?

I wanna make sure you all know it was overall a friendly and pleasant interaction. Right up until the moment this mofo forgot that he was a human being and his mindset went back to that place of seeing everyone as up to no good. I guess... the big reason that part of this interaction has upset me is because it shows that no matter how friendly and nice you are with them... or.. that they are, or feign to be with you... for them that never negates that YOU are some kind of beneath them, not an equal. Hope that makes sense.

I dunno brother, I guess I have more of a tendency to give the men and women in blue (or in this case green…) the benefit of the doubt. It’s gotta be a particularly tough LEO job - in remote locales, they generally roll alone, almost everyone they have an interaction with is armed - for legitimate sporting purposes….but still. And as you’ve mentioned, sounds like some folks in that area bring their garbage out to the “range” to shoot up the countryside and leave behind a mess and poor examples. Might wanna ease up a bit on ‘em, and try some yoga!

Reactions: MJB
OP
TheGDog

TheGDog

WKR
I have lived on this Earth long enough... that I do not need to be putting up with people who have a wild hair up their butt to just up and wanna EFF with me for no good reason. Like I said... I'm an ex 'hood-rat... as such you get damn good at sizing people up real damn fast to determine whether they mean you harm. It sucked balls there for a bit as a kid when ROOTS was on TV. The "Natives" in the 'hood got all pissed off and riled up from it and oh joy! They wanted to take their frustrations out on innocent lil me!

My point being, it's pretty damn easy to detect people truly up to no good, and I know damn well and good my vibe doesn't give that off... so for him to then... after we've been cordial and on good terms like equals do.. to then go and pull that power trip. Naw man... not cool. Or... at the very least.. when I asked him why do you need to see my rifle case for? He should have given me a more thorough and complete answer that would satisfy anybody, let alone me.

Overall he was a nice guy. But... it just struck me wrong because it's not even like he prefaced it was something like "I'm sorry to have to ask you to do this, but as part of my job, I need to ask you to see blah blah blah" I'd have STILL asked him to explain to me why that is, but at least then things would have started off with an understanding of where it's all coming from.

Remember here I am just some dude whose gotten himself into a pickle... then magically a public servant appears, so I think "Oh hey.. cool!" And I don't think anything about them coming into that area. Usually when they do I'm WAYYYYYY the hell up higher looking down at them roaming around for a few then leaving.

Another different time... I was making my way back to the truck, was almost kinda there.. but it was hot as hell and I was hurting bad with my lower back issues. I saw their truck and figure oh hey cool, I'll ask him for a ride to my truck! Pssh.. as if. Young one comes out.... we chit-chat... he wants to see my rifle to chekc the ammo same for my backup pistol. Even though it annoyed me.. cause I mean.. come the fvck on.... what ne'er do well have you EVER heard about of his own choice going towards a warden right? But in that situation.. *I* elected to approach him, and I'm asking for a lift... so I logic'd that was reasonable on his end and wasn't bothered by it. Whereas in this scenario... it's like fvck dude.. I'm asking you for some, you might say emergency help.. and you start in with all this sh*t like I'm some criminal? THAT is the disrespect I was alluding to earlier.

Yes, I got the feeling they wanted to find something to bust me on.... BUT I understand that is their job and I didn't let it bother me much. I try to be legal as heck every time I go out and hunt.

How did them dove taste?

Last edited:
OP
TheGDog

TheGDog

WKR
I like those BaconWrapped Jalapeno CreamCheese Poppers... I still enjoy eating them even though my bowels DO NOT like that type of ingredient. Bell Peppers and those mess me up "out back" in a not fun way... but... the enjoyment is worth it. The fam makes quick work of em too.

Last edited:
Maybe getting stuck was just karma for hunting a spot somebody showed you without inviting them? Don't seem to practice what you preach. I will say if you were where I thought you were thanks for picking up your empty shells, unlike all the other scumbags I had to pick up after this season.

Reactions: MJB
OP
TheGDog

TheGDog

WKR
Maybe getting stuck was just karma for hunting a spot somebody showed you without inviting them? Don't seem to practice what you preach. I will say if you were where I thought you were thanks for picking up your empty shells, unlike all the other scumbags I had to pick up after this season.
Oh... ok... would you like me to reach out to you every time I contemplate going there for doves?

The first time was with the boy on the opener... so it was more about me trying to get him opportunities and assessing his ability to be patient. So didn't make sense to reach out since I'd be all about baby-sitting.

And the second time I went back, was just because they EFF'd us outta being able to go in to the forest. So I was real upset, so figured I'd at least go do that so I could have something to distract my mind from all the upsettedness of their unilateral decisions to close us out.

I'd assumed that you'd be doing more hunting in those various new locations you had been filming lately where you'd found like those old abandoned homes on the desert floor. Looked like you were being very successful out there. And in general you're a much better shot with shotgun so you like all those on the wing opportunities.

My apologies man... I'll make sure to reach out to you again later on when 2nd season and Quail comes around. I had planned to take him back there to try to for quail. Vaguely showed him why it's soo much harder for the Quail out there. RE: the Steep slopes.

On one of our sits though... man... it was painful to have to sit there and watch like 13 quail walk right past the decoy setup I had going on! Knowing I couldn't do a thing about it.

Oh... ok... would you like me to reach out to you every time I contemplate going there for doves?

The first time was with the boy on the opener... so it was more about me trying to get him opportunities and assessing his ability to be patient. So didn't make sense to reach out since I'd be all about baby-sitting.

And the second time I went back, was just because they EFF'd us outta being able to go in to the forest. So I was real upset, so figured I'd at least go do that so I could have something to distract my mind from all the upsettedness of their unilateral decisions to close us out.

I'd assumed that you'd be doing more hunting in those various new locations you had been filming lately where you'd found like those old abandoned homes on the desert floor. Looked like you were being very successful out there. And in general you're a much better shot with shotgun so you like all those on the wing opportunities.

My apologies man... I'll make sure to reach out to you again later on when 2nd season and Quail comes around. I had planned to take him back there to try to for quail. Vaguely showed him why it's soo much harder for the Quail out there. RE: the Steep slopes.

On one of our sits though... man... it was painful to have to sit there and watch like 13 quail walk right past the decoy setup I had going on! Knowing I couldn't do a thing about it.
The reason I mentioned it is because when discussing sharing spots on various forums in the past you have chimed up and said it's up to the person that shared it with if you decide to share it with others AND that if going back the proper etiquette is to invite the person that showed you the spot in the first place. I only showed up there that day because another friend wanted to get his brother in law visiting from out of state on his very first birds (we did). And mind you there has been much more sharing back and forth between him and I.

Its not a huge deal, like I said I could tell where I thought you were positioned and when I went over there later I think I only saw a single empty which is normal to lose some. I know I wasn't able to find all of my stupid grey shells (terrible color kent). Cant say the say for most the dirtbags hunting along the trench. Must of picked close to two cases all from this season.

OP
TheGDog

TheGDog

WKR
Yeah was real weird, a group of like 3 dudes camped that open trench... just at the end of the Junipers. Think they were trying to pop em as they came in for water. Also some bunnies occasionally popping out in that trench.

Another weird one was the 2nd time I went back, another party had like 3 VooDoo doves, two of which were placed down near to their truck!? And another one just across a dirt road not far from their truck. Real odd. No way that setup can bring them in all near that truck like that.

In terms of anyone else, only other person I've brought into there was the boy for that super windy opener. We only got like 7 that day, and a rabbit and a Squirrel. Was VERY windy day of the opener.

MJB

WKR
So checking your license, gun & game is harassment?
Jeeeze
I think your illegal roadkill deer is catching up to you!

And yes you call him every time before you go to his spot......you are the guest

Another weird one was the 2nd time I went back, another party had like 3 VooDoo doves, two of which were placed down near to their truck!? And another one just across a dirt road not far from their truck. Real odd. No way that setup can bring them in all near that truck like that.
Sigh... not all hunting requires the use of a bush wookie suit. The trucks don't flair the birds particularly tucked up to the trees like that. Got plenty of birds there and damn near dropped one into my truck bed that circled back around to the setup. They pick up on movement as attractants (mojos/flickers) and threats (people moving).

That was us. We dropped plenty of birds like that in a short period of time right there. Also I don't know if this helps or makes any difference but our trucks are dark grey and light grey as opposed to bright blue. Does that help. IDK been at least 10 years since I had a bright colored vehicle. And everybody else I've gone out with has black or grey too now that I think about it...

I even joked with my friend that I thought that was you but unless you came over we probably wouldn't see you because you'd be wearing a leaf poncho most likely. I only wish I had decided to get out earlier. I could tell when I got there that it had been a good morning for the birds.

Sherman

WKR
For me it's just that I grew up 'hood. So I do NOT care where I am at... I do NOT Trust ANY LEO's. Situation would have to be crazy dire before I'd EVER call one. The moment you call one of them? You are inviting a whole big bunch of potential trouble upon yourself. EDIT: If only just in time wasted

Even though YOU might be the one who calls to THEM for "HELP"... do NOT be surprised if after they (any of them) addresses the issue of your call... that they will then likely start-in with the bullsh*t of wanting to sweat you to possible earn some more brownie-points with the captain hittin' that Quota. They *say* they don't have "Quota" anymore... BUT... if your dept is hurting for funds from your local govt? You're super naive if you think them bastards ain't gonna be out trying to rack up the citations to get the depts budget back on track.

Not to mention all the other shenanigans cr*p they try to pull. Freakin' setting up chicanes where you pull thru... and they ask if you'd like to do an impromptu Smog Check on your vehicle. YUP! I know.. they actually did that nearby. That is SUCH a flagrant violation! IF they setup a DUI checkpoint... they HAVE TO have it posted as in when and where it will be... otherwise it's entrapment. Supreme Court case decided that. SO... these tards go and try to be slick and pull this other isht... Pssh. SMDH.

And since most of the people don't know their rights... I cringe thinking how many people they've illegally busted just by that alone! Calling it something else... knowing full well.... that all they wanted to do was get a buncha people to have to stop and rolldown there windows... which.. you know... seconds after you do that sh*t they lie their damn as$es off talkin' about "I smelled Marijuana" or whatever other popular substance they're having problems with at that time.

EDIT: To an infinitessimally small degree... when I was a younger man.. I could possibly understand them wanting to sweat you, because they don't know if you're on the straight and narrow. But for me? A Grown a$$ man with a white-haired Goatee? Whose all talking friendly with you like another human being... and then you wanna go and sorta betray that isht by then wanting to violate my privacy, especially when I'm caught in this more vulnerable position? Not cool.

FINAL NOTE: Understand that I fully am aware that we need them. I don't go for this stupid business of defund, that's just WAY DUMB. And overall, the majority of the few times I've ever crossed paths with them... most have been fairly positive. Since I always had fear whenever they were around, I'd be like "If it's OK with you, my license and registration is over in the glovebox. You OK with me reaching for it now?" that type of deal.

BUT... I have a real problem with the way they ALL seem approach a situation with a superiority complex.... everything about their demeanor from the get go is all about doing things in such a way so as to invoke or demand compliance in the other person first and foremost... NOT with the mindset of a public servant.

There is a REASON they are the #2 highest divorce rate among professions (Dentist is #1 btw). For what does that job entail? Demanding compliance to their commands all damn day long. You can't do that job and not have it corrupt your psyche. You're not going to be able to just shut all of that off the moment you're done with your shift, when you come home... hence the high divorce rate.

You can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar. Something THEY need to learn bigtime.
Whoa..... those poor drunk drivers being entrapped by LEO’s not posting where their sobriety check points will be held. My heart goes out to them.

Driving is a privilege, not a right.

This escalated rather quickly.