Down bag storage question.

Luckyrxc

FNG
So here is my question: Are they ever truly uncompressed? If you have them in a storage bin, the weight of the down on the top of the bag theoretically compresses the down at the bottom of the bag that's laying along the bottom of the bin. If they are hanging, gravity works against you to compress some of your down so the down at the top of the bag, again, works to compress the down at the bottom of the bag, or the bottom of the segment the down is in. Overthinking or do I have a point?
There’s medication available to help with this level of OCD.

rbljack

WKR
I store mine in the storage bag that comes with it, so I guess its lightly compressed. I worry more about how long to leave mine compressed when getting ready for a trip, and having it in the stuff sack. I try to keep mine uncompressed as long as possible, and then stuff it for a pack in trip as a last minute item to go in the pack, but that wasn't your question...LOL..im rambling. For your purposes, id say put each one in a separate bin and call it good. yeah, its more space, but no worries that way for ya. you could always include the inflatable pads and pillows to the bottom of each bin, and then you have a complete sleep system in each bin. just a thought.

traviswdalton

Lil-Rokslider
I didn’t know you’re not supposed to keep a down sleeping bag compressed. My WM Badger was compressed for 3 years. I pulled it out at elk camp this year and it kept me warm. It’s now hanging in the closet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keller

WKR
Mine is Hanging in basement in supplied bag don't see a problem storing in a bin as long as moisture isn't a concern and not tightly compressed